Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Laptop screen;

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Have you ever cracked your laptop screen?

If so, how?

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
Nope, thankfully not - despite accidentally dropping the laptop from my knee and the sofa on a couple of occasions.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I haven't but my brother cracked his. He forgot he put in on the floor and accidently stepped on it.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
I've done more than that. My laptop screen on my old one back in 2007; part of it turned green and my computer was crashing all of the time. The guys at the repair shop just told me that I needed to buy a WHOLE NEW laptop. The mother board was bad. So out of frustration because it was barely working. I went ahead and smashed it. Screen and all.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Yes, indeed it has. The laptop that I'm using now as I'm typing this post has had a broken screen to the point that I can't even see and use it :( but it was simply solved and fix by me ME ME :p

I had to go and buy a new LCD panel and replaced it myself. Turns out that the screen is far sharper and more HD than the old. And so I had good results. So once it came, had to take the Laptop fully apart to get the bots to remove the monitor then clip it apart and replace the new one and clip it back in and bot it together again.

Since then still got it and using it, for a four-year-old system :)

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
No I've never smashed the screen on any device like a laptop or even phone. There's a hairline scratch on the screen of my phone and that's really the worst I've ever done.

TopSilver

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,755
Winbux
$0.00
I've never had the issue of cracking any laptop screen because of how much I need my laptop. Which to be honest it's all I have for a PC. However a couple things that have happened, are the laptop screen coming off the hinges. Which has happened to me twice.

Last time I got a PC this happened and it was because I was pretty stupid to buy the type of computer I did. It was a Toshiba which no complaints on the brand because they offer the best laptops available in my opinion. However the specific models hinge connection to the keyboard was abstract to the point where it was raised a bit higher then usual. Won't be making that mistake again. I bought a new HP and it's not half a bad PC.