Making your own PC vs Buying a premade

Shole

A new face
Hubux
45¢
What would you chose?
I want to build my own pc, but I am not so technical and I am trying to see if I should build it myself or just buy a premade one.
Did you make your own pc or just bought it premade?

Grungie

Found the couch and snacks
Hubux
98¢
The pre-builds aren’t as bad as they used to be, in price or quality, especially with that chip shortage going on right now.

Also building one yourself isn’t really that complicated. You can go to a site like PC Parts Picker, and it can select the parts for you. When it comes to putting the computer together, it’s like expensive legos.

Reactions: Shole

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Top Poster Of Month
Hubux
8,044¢
Winbux
I want to build my own pc, but I am not so technical and I am trying to see if I should build it myself or just buy a premade one.
What are you planning on using the PC for?

Empire

Kicking
Emerald Member
Hubux
6,456¢
Winbux
I love building and taking hardware apart :p LOVE IT - :p

Anyway, it comes down to what you going to be doing and your price on how much you are willing to spend. Also, do you even know what you are doing, meaning you might be better off buying a rebuild that comes with support and warranties, plus easy to take it back for replacements or upgrades.

At the moment and it's been like it for a long time now that it's hard to get hold of a GPU and without spending over $1500 for a GPU you might as well get prebuilds since that's the only way to get hold of one at a good price point.

Members online

Status Updates

tdbnz wrote on Luckylast's profile.
Welcome Duncan @Luckylast

I hope you enjoy your time here

Thomas
My goal is to get to at least 100 posts within the next month
CMT
Miss my peeps
yeah, also the yearly emerald membership is way more expensive than the last time i bought it :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bello8