Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Making your own PC vs Buying a premade

Shole

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,642
Winbux
$0.00
What would you chose?
I want to build my own pc, but I am not so technical and I am trying to see if I should build it myself or just buy a premade one.
Did you make your own pc or just bought it premade?

Grungie

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,469
Winbux
$0.00
The pre-builds aren’t as bad as they used to be, in price or quality, especially with that chip shortage going on right now.

Also building one yourself isn’t really that complicated. You can go to a site like PC Parts Picker, and it can select the parts for you. When it comes to putting the computer together, it’s like expensive legos.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I want to build my own pc, but I am not so technical and I am trying to see if I should build it myself or just buy a premade one.
What are you planning on using the PC for?

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I love building and taking hardware apart :p LOVE IT - :p

Anyway, it comes down to what you going to be doing and your price on how much you are willing to spend. Also, do you even know what you are doing, meaning you might be better off buying a rebuild that comes with support and warranties, plus easy to take it back for replacements or upgrades.

At the moment and it's been like it for a long time now that it's hard to get hold of a GPU and without spending over $1500 for a GPU you might as well get prebuilds since that's the only way to get hold of one at a good price point.