Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Medication side effect

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
What is the weirdest side effect you've had from a medication?

FriendlyPerson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
It kind of deters me from wanting to use it.
While I agree why black stool would cause you to be worried about using the medication. But as long as it prescribed by a licensed and trusted practitioner and taken as directed it should be less of a worry.

Additionally talking to them about such concerns is something is never to be ashamed of. The sooner it's made apparent the better. :)

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$708
Winbux
$0.00
While I agree why black stool would cause you to be worried about using the medication. But as long as it prescribed by a licensed and trusted practitioner and taken as directed it should be less of a worry.

Additionally talking to them about such concerns is something is never to be ashamed of. The sooner it's made apparent the better. :)

It's an over the counter product. You can buy it anywhere. I was taking it for heartburn and nausea because I have a weak stomach. It doesn't take much to make me nauseas but if you take too much, it causes black stool which is supposedly harmless.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
One of my medicines, I have to take with food or I'll feel really sick at my stomach. But there are several medications that'll do that. As long as you eat something when you take it, you're fine.

FriendlyPerson

Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
I have to take with food or I'll feel really sick at my stomach.
It was really bad for me when my mom forgot to both inform me AND to provide me food with one of these. Before heading to the hospital for some other related emergency (It was a long and invasive post surgery).

As long as you eat something when you take it, you're fine.
Should you forgot dry foods should do the trick. In that case above a packet of soda crackers in the ER waiting room was enough to dissipate this extreme discomfort and pain in a few minutes.

FriendlyPerson

Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
I've never experienced anything that I'm aware of, but this upcoming covid shot looks to break that.
It's sure did (JJ) but we kept on Extra Strength Tylenol and drank water with adding a few twists of himyalimation pink salts to our glasses for elocytolites. Which I continues to do to make sure I remains healthy from here on out. As I should also get some micro nutrients to boost. :)

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
I feel like taking sertraline has affected my memory, but it isn't a recognised side-effect so part of me wonders whether it is just a by-product of depression and anxiety.. It does make me a little nervous heading in to the future though!

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I took some amoxicillin when i was 11 and went to take a shower, during the shower I got super red and itchy, my lips and tongue were pretty swollen too.