Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Members from England:

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$432
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I feel normal, It's a game at the end of the day and all you can see and say, We have next year to do better :)
England deserved to win IMO, but this is football! Forza Italia! <3

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
England deserved to win IMO, but this is football! Forza Italia! <3
I thought it was the other way round actually. We weren't great after the first goal and were quite poor. The tactics were completely wrong and the timing of the subs was not good. Doesn't help that the lineup for the pens wasn't great either.

Italy have been great throughout the tournament and they were great in the final.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$432
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I thought it was the other way round actually. We weren't great after the first goal and were quite poor. The tactics were completely wrong and the timing of the subs was not good. Doesn't help that the lineup for the pens wasn't great either.

Italy have been great throughout the tournament and they were great in the final.
The first half was an exhibition of football by the english players, i think they deserved at least 1 more goal, i'm totally agreeing that Italy had an overall better tournament though.

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
I'm Irish but living in England, so I guess my view still counts :)

Italy were on balance the better team across the whole 120 minutes. England started out well and had spells but if you look at the amount of possession and shots (I haven't checked) I'm fairly sure they will show Italy were in control.

Most English people I know are happy to have got where they did and with the way the team played and are looking forward to the world cup.

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
We're used to losing, it's fine.. ? it hurts, but we'll still be singing "It's coming home" every tournament despite not winning anything for over 50 years.

Despite some of the Italian players resorting to poor sportsmanship in parts, I think they probably deserved the win. Our second-half was abysmal, we were lucky to hold on for extra time (where I thought we actually played better for the most part) - but as soon as it went to penalties we knew what was coming.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Gareth Southgate must really not like penalties by now.
Definitely. But I guess he is the perfect man to support the players especially the ones that missed. They are going to feel bad for a very long time especially Saka.