Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Mewe- The FaceBook alternative

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,990
Winbux
$0.00
I've been using Mewe for over a year now. It is cited as the Facebook alternative. What I like about it is there is no censorship. I'm in several groups & enjoy the friends I have made. The only downside is Customer Service is sorely lacking. Also, you don't see many people posting pictures of their family like they do on Facebook. I don't know if they 'can' post pictures & just choose not to or just prefer using Mewe for the groups & keep Facebook for keeping in contact with family. Have any of you heard of Mewe? Do you use it?

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
I see that they claim that there are no ads and they don't sell user data. How do they plan to combat this or prevent Facebook from buying them outright like they did with Instagram and the other competing ideas?

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I joined it a few weeks ago. It looks interesting and I like their philosophy. Assuming they follow it I'll keep my account there and see how it develops.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
I joined it a few weeks ago. It looks interesting and I like their philosophy. Assuming they follow it I'll keep my account there and see how it develops.
You'll have to let us know how your experience is and what the interface is like.

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$725
Winbux
$0.00
I think I'll stay away from this as well. There's a lot of negative things that I don't like about social media.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
I think I'll stay away from this as well. There's a lot of negative things that I don't like about social media.
I'm with you there. The only reason I would even contemplate having a social media page is for my writing as a side job for promotional purposes.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,384
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
I've been on MeWe for a while now but hardly any of my friends ever post on there! I posted some things for my craft forum at first and it seemed as if I was wasting my time so I pretty much stopped. I check the app probably once a month to see if there is anything new. I don't think a lot of my friends are on there because they're fed up with most social media by now after Facebook and Twitter went crazy with censorship.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
I've been on MeWe for a while now but hardly any of my friends ever post on there! I posted some things for my craft forum at first and it seemed as if I was wasting my time so I pretty much stopped. I check the app probably once a month to see if there is anything new. I don't think a lot of my friends are on there because they're fed up with most social media by now after Facebook and Twitter went crazy with censorship.
I don't think anyone would blame them. A lot of social media has become extremely toxic as well with all it taking something misconstrued or taken out of context and you have a mob of people flagging your account and it gets deleted or worse.

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
Something being 'free of censorship' is a kind of double edged sword. Of course we all want freedom of speech, but it also gives free license for hate speech, racism, intolerance and dangerous fake news.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,384
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
I don't think anyone would blame them. A lot of social media has become extremely toxic as well with all it taking something misconstrued or taken out of context and you have a mob of people flagging your account and it gets deleted or worse.

You got that right! It's crazy some of the things that people are reporting to Facebook (I don't do Twitter). I had a friend post a craft and she got put in FB jail for it and she has no clue how it violated any of the terms! Must be nice to work for Facebook and just do what you want to anyone without rhyme or reason.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
You got that right! It's crazy some of the things that people are reporting to Facebook (I don't do Twitter). I had a friend post a craft and she got put in FB jail for it and she has no clue how it violated any of the terms! Must be nice to work for Facebook and just do what you want to anyone without rhyme or reason.
Yeah, I dropped it a long time ago when I found out how my work could use it to punish employees for arguments and spats they had on it.