Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Microsoft vs. Google. (Office vs. Drive)

Jordan

Tech Support
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,371
Winbux
$0.00
Friends? Enemies? Frenemies? What category can these two companies be classified as? Each company has their pros and cons.

This is more of a discussion about their competing products though. Office vs. Google Drive. Which is better?

For me it has to be Office. I have deployed and migrated many M365 setups for companies across the globe. It's simple to setup and manage. Office also has desktop apps!!!! This is the main reason I hate Drive. Web based apps annoy the hell out of me.

Do you have any experience in setting up Google Apps or M365 for business use?

Aeowulf

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Website
aeowulf.com
Hubux
$961
Winbux
$0.00
Microsoft has a leg up based on market share and experience with their products. I use Microsoft products a lot for work. Personally, I use Google Docs when possible and if it weren't for the standard of resumes and other templates being done in Word, I probably wouldn't use it at all.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
We use M365 at work and I like the fact that you can use the desktop version or the web version.

Although for personal use I am rather cheap and therefore opt to use the google docs mostly. Cheap and Frugal, 2 of my favourite words :p

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
Google Drive for me. Google offers 15G or up to 15,000MB free storage and any word processing documents you upload, can be edited through the cloud.

Jordan

Tech Support
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,371
Winbux
$0.00
Microsoft has a leg up based on market share and experience with their products. I use Microsoft products a lot for work. Personally, I use Google Docs when possible and if it weren't for the standard of resumes and other templates being done in Word, I probably wouldn't use it at all.
I believe with all services they have a one-up because they own Windows, Microsoft is plastered all over the OS.

We use M365 at work and I like the fact that you can use the desktop version or the web version.

Although for personal use I am rather cheap and therefore opt to use the google docs mostly. Cheap and Frugal, 2 of my favourite words :p

You can use Word, Excel, and all the other online Office apps for free :)

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
Yes you can, I do not know how much free storage you get with OneDrive, but their plans are pretty cheap.
Lol Cheap and Free are two different things though. I did look at a monthly fee for using M365 but it was something like $8/month which I am too cheap for.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
It says "office apps Not included"?

reptile6

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$261
Winbux
$0.00
I think title should be like OneDrive Google Drive or Office365 vs Google Office.

Drive is storage space but office is set of apps so when I look your title, it compare two different things.
Sorry, but many people confuse OneDrive with Office365 tools and Google Drive with his docs, spreadsheet so me as tech support on work must warn them difference.

DudeThatsErin

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$897
Winbux
$0.00
For the free side I prefer office as it is what I have always used and it is easy to use and comes on all windows machines free for me with my school email.

Joshua Farrell

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$908
Winbux
$0.00
I use both, as saving and sharing needs are different for me. For the stuff I share that I want more personalized sharing with 1 or 2 people at a time, I use One Drive.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
I've only used Google Drive, but I never use the extra programs for anything. I do have open office that I use on my computer whenever I write articles for Sonic Cage Dome. (It's a Sonic the Hedgehog website that I write for. xD)