Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Misbehaving children

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Do you believe in giving misbehaving children physical discipline (spanking)? Why or why not?

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
No. It doesn't make any sense. They get spanked for something, but get in trouble if they hit somebody. How does that work? Logical and natural consequences work much better. Adults are usually angry when they spank a child. That's not the time to give the child a consequence of any kind. Put them in a time-out, one minute for each year of their age. Use those few minutes to calm down. Then talk to them about it, have them apologize to whomever was hurt (or whatever was done.) Give them a hug and say "I love you." They'll still lose Xbox or watching a movie, or going to a friend's house. Just don't hurt them.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
Honestly, I think it depends on the child. Everyone is different. For one kid reprimanding them verbally is enough. For another it takes a little bit more to make them understand their wrong doing. Personally, I believe spanking makes sense for a child who has been warned about something and deliberately disobeys and ultimately hurts themselves or another person or puts them or others in danger. I think it's important to not spank though out of anger. A parent or guardian must be in a calm state and explain to the child why they are being punished.