Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Mow The Lawn?

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
I use to do it while my hubby was working second shift. He was working about 60 hours a week then and was often too tired to do it himself so I did it. Besides, I'd already be hot/sweaty/dirty from work anyway so why not be hot/sweaty/dirty for 1 more hour while I go mow the yard? Now, my hubby is back on 1st shift where he likes it but he's working at least six days a week. So we've hired someone to do it for us.

They come by about every 10 to 14 days. Not quite every week, more like every other week. We don't want to go too long because we don't want the city giving us a citation for an "unsightly yard". Or worse, if they come out and mow it for you I heard it's expensive. Plus, if you don't pay them when they do mow your yard for you then they can put a lean on your house.

FriendlyPerson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
So we've hired someone to do it for us.
Why not invest in a robo mower instead? I sure in the long term unless you are hiring a teenager for the job you can reap the rewards of shelling out it for it.

If we assume you pay the average price of $30 bucks or so a job and a unit is 800 bucks then she would be paid off in just under 1.5 years. Which is not too shaddy when consider she probably would be operational for another few years or so.

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
I rent a flat so I don't have to worry about mowing the lawn thankfully, the landlord deals with it.. ?

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
My brother mows the lawn and I do the trim work.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
My brother mows the lawn and I do the trim work.

My mom owns a duplex and she makes me do it all. Then I have my house that I have to do everything on. Not fun at all. That's why I prefer Winter and Fall so I don't have to deal with it.