Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

New Consoles Recommendations?

Naiwen

Hubber Wall of Fame
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
disneylandlove.proboards.com
Hubux
$3,764
Winbux
$0.00
Next month, because I’m on disability and have to spend all my money or I’d be cut off, thence why I’m planning to buy myself a new console. Can you guys recommend me a good one to spoil myself with and that’ll last for years? As I’m living alone currently, I spend mostly my days on gaming. And is the Nintendo switch a portable or a TV console please? I wanna buy myself a big TV console and will be having about 500-600$CAD to spend on next month. Can anyone help on it please? Thank you guys.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
600 Canadian $ is about £350 (makes it easier for me to figure out what you can get).

The Nintendo Switch is definitely in your budget and is a pretty good console. The best thing to do is to check out what games you like and what platforms those games are available on. If you can share what type of games you like, we can suggest a good console for you to buy.

In terms of the Switch, there are two models - the Switch Lite and the Nintendo Switch. The Switch Lite is portable. The Nintendo Switch (more expensive but still within your budget) can do both. It is portable but can also connect to the TV if you want.

I hope this helps @Naiwen :)

Naiwen

Hubber Wall of Fame
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
disneylandlove.proboards.com
Hubux
$3,764
Winbux
$0.00
600 Canadian $ is about £350 (makes it easier for me to figure out what you can get).

The Nintendo Switch is definitely in your budget and is a pretty good console. The best thing to do is to check out what games you like and what platforms those games are available on. If you can share what type of games you like, we can suggest a good console for you to buy.

In terms of the Switch, there are two models - the Switch Lite and the Nintendo Switch. The Switch Lite is portable. The Nintendo Switch (more expensive but still within your budget) can do both. It is portable but can also connect to the TV if you want.

I hope this helps @Naiwen :)
I love games like Mario Kart and SRPGs personally.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Get yourself a PS5 or Xbox Series X or the last-gen console if you don't want to spend too much. A switch is great too if you wanna be on the move.
Considering she wants to play Mario, I think an Xbox or PS would be a waste of money really. The switch is probably the best choice.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
The Switch Lite is a very budget friendly console but i read and heard that its analog sticks break easily. And i have to agree, my 3ds broke easily.. i don't think it's made with a strong material either.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
The Switch Lite is a very budget friendly console but i read and heard that its analog sticks break easily. And i have to agree, my 3ds broke easily.. i don't think it's made with a strong material either.

It's built so cheap that it has a lot of problems. The screens also crack and scratch easily. I haven't been into Nintendo since the PS1 came out.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
Yeah unfortunately both Switch models suffer from stick drift, and you have to completely tear down the Lite to repair them. I haven't had any issues with my Lite though, and I've had it for almost a year now. (TBH my wife plays our Switch Lite more than I do but she's never complained about the sticks.)

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
So, i made my investigations around the Switch Lite.. and i'm afraid i was right. But still, if you plan to get one is not that bad, you just have to be cautious.