Memory Lane

This is memory lane, a place to discuss things you loved from childhood!

Quick Overview

Category
User Groups
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views
  • Welcome to the Groups feature Guest! Official and user groups allow you to take part in discussions and events related to the interests and hobbies of the Discussion Hub Community. For more information, read our Groups Information & Guidelines post.
  • Challenge Time! Take a picture when you're watching the 2021 Euros and receive an exclusive award and some bonus Hubux. Click here to find out more.

Nick vs Cartoon Network

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Hubux
956¢
What was your favorite channel for cartoons as a kid? Cartoonnetwork? Nick? Disney? WB?

Ash

Founder | Technical Admin
Administrator
Hubux
1,363¢
Winbux
It was actually a channel called Cbeebies over here in the UK. It was a free channel dedicated to kids TV shows and it had some amazing shows that I used to love watching as a kid

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Hubux
956¢
It was actually a channel called Cbeebies over here in the UK. It was a free channel dedicated to kids TV shows and it had some amazing shows that I used to love watching as a kid
Oh nice! What were some of the shows on there?
I was more of a Nickelodeon kid, but they're both pretty awful now.
I loooved Nick as a kid too, and I entirely agree. I think both have already peaked honestly.

HolisticStorm

Finding their groove
Hubux
28¢
I think that with the free and on-demand availability of children's content on YouTube, TV channels dedicated to children's programming are struggling to find a niche.

Ash

Administrator
Hubux
1,363¢
Winbux
Oh nice! What were some of the shows on there?

I loooved Nick as a kid too, and I entirely agree. I think both have already peaked honestly.
Bob the Builder, Balamory, and Chugginton are the main ones that I remember. No idea if you're aware of the last two. I used to love Chugginton because I loved trains when I was younger.
I think that with the free and on-demand availability of children's content on YouTube, TV channels dedicated to children's programming are struggling to find a niche.
Definitely. Kids are addicted to their phones now as well which means they are more likely to use YouTube than watch traditional TV shows.

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Hubux
956¢
Yeah no doubt. Its hard to compete with free competition.
Bob the Builder, Balamory, and Chugginton are the main ones that I remember. No idea if you're aware of the last two. I used to love Chugginton because I loved trains when I was younger.

Definitely. Kids are addicted to their phones now as well which means they are more likely to use YouTube than watch traditional TV shows.
Oh nice! Nah I never reay heard of the last two, but that is cool as hell! :D

Ash

Administrator
Hubux
1,363¢
Winbux
Balamory was great. There was another one about a group of people living in an area in Scotland but I've completely forgotten what the name of it was.

Members online

No members online now.

What Are We Listening To?

• I Get Lifted
    I Get Lifted - The Underground Network Mix
    Barbara Tucker
    I Get Lifted

Status Updates

Ash
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿Hoping for an interesting England game 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Lee wrote on zoldos's profile.
Greetings Zoldos, it has been a long time since we chatted. How are you?
Phenom wrote on Ash's profile.
I haven't gotten the 1 year anniversary award?
Lee wrote on Ash's profile.
Congrats on the CL man! Was an outstanding performance and well deserved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teg