Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Offer to buy your site?

reptile6

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$261
Winbux
$0.00
I never got such offer but I hope one day I will. I manage rank one subdomain but I lost it since it was on free hosting. I should try buy domain and I bet I would get at least 100$ for it after selling.

Joshua Farrell

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$908
Winbux
$0.00
Its been years since I remember being asked if I wanted to sell a forum or website of mine. I haven't sold any of mine as of yet.

Smokey

Twitch Streamer - Revillution.net Owner.
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,019
Winbux
$0.00
Yes, someone offered to buy Revillution awhile back, didn't even ask what his offer was as we don't plan on selling it, but I can guarantee it was way lower than what I was willing to give it up for.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Yes, I think it was once. I said nope and that was that. The last one where I had someone saying let's merge and yet he wanted for power and wanted to keep his site name, and I was like.. Nope..

Hell, if someone willing to pay $200,000 then maybe I say yes :p

Drac Morbis

Lord Malleus
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,460
Winbux
$0.00
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
I was offered one time someone trying to buy a medium sized adult site I used to run. But he said I'd keep hosting it and he'd be the admin. I declined. lol

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
I've gotten several offers for my site over the years, haven't gotten any in a while though. The highest amount I got offered was like 2,000 (extremely tempting) but I turned it down and I think the guy got pissed, may have tried to DDoS me even.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
I've never been offered money for my site. If they offer me enough money for it, I may be tempted to sell but if they lowball me then no. It depends on how much money is on the table.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Since I know how much I spent in the last 6 years on one site then it will be hard to get to sell it if the price is low as flip. That's the downside with IPB, it will cost you an hell of a lot over time

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
Never, but I base its value by what I see on cutestats. Of you guys know a better site for it let me know.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
I was an administrator on a forum where the owner sold it. There were some problems, it was inactive, and all the old members had moved on to greener pastures. Every other month, or once a month, someone would check in or maybe post something in a chat thread that we had open. After a few months the new guy ended up closing the forum. So....I didn't see why he bought it in the first place. I guess he had plans for it. But it never took off.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I was a huge fan of IPB all the way up to version 3 which I used, but as I watched them announce version 4 and test it myself, I could tell they were going in a bad direction and jumped to xenforo.
I agree but they are thinking out of the box again with the their new version and they are improving. End of the day doesn't matter what forum software you use, everyone will have a hard time growing. Been using them for 6 years and I remember when I was a member of a site back 10 years ago that was the very first IPB forum software LOL

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
I agree but they are thinking out of the box again with the their new version and they are improving. End of the day doesn't matter what forum software you use, everyone will have a hard time growing. Been using them for 6 years and I remember when I was a member of a site back 10 years ago that was the very first IPB forum software LOL

IPB 1.3 back then if I remember right, a powerful and fun software that was.