Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Offgrid Living, anyone?

Naiwen

Hubber Wall of Fame
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
disneylandlove.proboards.com
Hubux
$3,764
Winbux
$0.00
Maybe you fancy living another way than usual homes. Maybe in a tent, an igloo, on the streets, in a car, a truck, a jeep or a van, a mobile home. I've come across some who have a stable home, yet choose to live as a homeless person. Trust me, I've been homeless, selling my art on the streets, living the day-by-day life. It's hard, and I've overcome it, and currently I love my shared house (triplex) with my caretaker. I'm glad I'm off the streets and not in a mobile home. But some people do fancy offgrid living. Or maybe you're living in a ship, a yacht or on the road as a truck driver and eat on the road, sleeping whenever you can. It's a hard life, I can't imagine myself living that life personally at least anyways. How about you? Do you fancy offgrid lifestyle yourself?

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,990
Winbux
$0.00
There are also those who live offgrid in an actual house. It's powered by solar, wind. I would love to be off the grid. Not having to worry about electricity bills. Being able to be self-reliant. If SHTF, I'd still be alright.
Now, some who live offgrid don't have a lot of luxuries however there are those that still have the internet via a signal.
I wouldn't want to live anywhere where I didn't have access to running water & "electricity". It'd be too similar to roughing it in camping. That is okay for a week but not to live forever in for me.

Shavkat

Hubber Wall of Fame
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
stevengeelikes.blogspot.com
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$2.00
Emerald Membership (1 Month)
I have this idea of living in a decent tree house. It may sound childish, but this is what I have been dreaming of since childhood. If I have the chance and opportunity, I would want to have it, perhaps in the future.