Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

• Welcome to the Groups feature Guest! Official and user groups allow you to take part in discussions and events related to the interests and hobbies of the Discussion Hub Community. For more information, read our Groups Information Megathread post.

Memory Lane

This is memory lane, a place to discuss things you loved from childhood!

Quick Overview

Category
User Groups
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Online Games

Dfarmer2001

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Website
postingbay.com
Hubux
$1,332
Winbux
$0.00
Pull The Pin and Chuck It
When I was growing up there were a lot of online games such as Club Penguin, Toon Town, Wizard101, SmallWorlds, etc. One of my personal favorites was SmallWorlds, I met so many people and it was such freedom to be able to start your own businesses and design your own furniture settings. Unfortunately, they closed like many others many years ago. It's really sad to see that the online games I would play/participate in as a child have all vanished. I would definitely play SmallWorlds again if it was available, and would even support it financially to keep it open.

Did you guys have any online games you would play as a child that are no longer around?

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Club Penguin was my favourite. Loved everything about that game and really liked spending my parents money on Club Penguin themed stuff like the trading cards, soft toys, and books

Dfarmer2001

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Website
postingbay.com
Hubux
$1,332
Winbux
$0.00
Pull The Pin and Chuck It
Yes, Club Penguin was certainly one of a kind. I don't recall ever spending money on Club Penguin, but maybe I did have my dad buy me something a time or two. It's too bad they closed the original one. I believe there is a remake from some other 3rd party developers now.

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
I do remember playing a lot of Runescape but I dont remember what happened to my old account lol.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Yes, Club Penguin was certainly one of a kind. I don't recall ever spending money on Club Penguin, but maybe I did have my dad buy me something a time or two. It's too bad they closed the original one. I believe there is a remake from some other 3rd party developers now.
They've closed the remakes now as well I think. I know the UK government went after one because Disney complained about copyright laws.

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
They've closed the remakes now as well I think. I know the UK government went after one because Disney complained about copyright laws.
lmao wut. Supeised the UK government didnt tell Disney to fuck off as their laws aren't for disney to dictate.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
lmao wut. Supeised the UK government didnt tell Disney to fuck off as their laws aren't for disney to dictate.
I guess it's just similar to reporting a crime which anyone can do. And then the relevant authorities look into it and they ended up taking it down since it did probably break some copyright laws

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
I guess it's just similar to reporting a crime which anyone can do. And then the relevant authorities look into it and they ended up taking it down since it did probably break some copyright laws
True. Maybe I'm just too cynical/anti coprporate

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I can see why they did it but I find it stupid as well. If they've closed the game down, I don't see why people can't run a bloody fansite of it

sariki

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$960
Winbux
$0.00
I was a huge Ultima Online player in the early 2000's like 2004 time frame I loved it. Club penguin wasn't something that I got into.

Shavkat

Hubber Wall of Fame
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
stevengeelikes.blogspot.com
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$2.00
Emerald Membership (1 Month)
During my younger era, I am not into playing any online games. I was so busy learning and schooling at that time. Even now, I cannot force myself to explore it.

bestwriter

Leader among Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
grouie.blogspot.com
Hubux
$1
Winbux
$5.00
I have fa older on my desk top that has several card and other memory games. I also play Worlde and Quordle whenever I am bored writing for Sites.

cpvr

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Website
www.virtualpetlist.com
Hubux
$29
Winbux
$0.00
The remakes are actually still online. Club Penguin Journey recently hit 100k users. Club Penguin Journey