Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Paying Rent

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
I'm currently paying £161 for a One Bedroom Self-Contained Flat, situated in the south of Dorset. The property is furnished. Utilities, on the other hand, are not included in the monthly charge. I have been trying my best to save for a deposit on my first home but it seems so difficult to climb the property ladder in England.

Who else rents? If so, what's included in the costs?

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
I currently own my home. But the last time I rented, it was a one bedroom apartment for 350 USD a month. The water was included in that payment but I had to pay the electric bill myself.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
Jeez one bedroom apartments where I live go for around $1100-1200 CAD.

I own my own condo and am paying down the mortgage.

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
Jeez one bedroom apartments where I live go for around $1100-1200 CAD.

I own my own condo and am paying down the mortgage.

It just shows us how the cost of living fluctuates across the world. One day I would like to be paying my own mortgage, not someone else's!

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
You guys don't even want to know about the cost of living in London, For a shed, it's £500 a month just about for a shed, a one-bedroom apartment can be £800 a week

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$432
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
$600 per month for my own department, no expenses included though

DudeThatsErin

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$897
Winbux
$0.00
I was renting until recently. I was in southern AZ and paid $940/mo for rent which included water. Electricity was between $70-140/mo. There was no gas there so no payment necessary there.

Now I'm living in an extra home my parents have with my husband and sister (not fun at all... can't wait til we leave). Now we pay for gas around $15-50/mo depending on the time of year, electricity + water $150-300/mo depending on the time of year, and internet $80/mo for 200mbps and unlimited data.
We split all these bills with my sister so it is cheaper than it looks but still about half of what we were paying for just rent at our old place.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$432
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I was renting until recently. I was in southern AZ and paid $940/mo for rent which included water. Electricity was between $70-140/mo. There was no gas there so no payment necessary there.

Now I'm living in an extra home my parents have with my husband and sister (not fun at all... can't wait til we leave). Now we pay for gas around $15-50/mo depending on the time of year, electricity + water $150-300/mo depending on the time of year, and internet $80/mo for 200mbps and unlimited data.
We split all these bills with my sister so it is cheaper than it looks but still about half of what we were paying for just rent at our old place.

Gah, i hope you can leave ASAP, i don't recommend this.. or living together with your inlaws :(

DudeThatsErin

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$897
Winbux
$0.00
Gah, i hope you can leave ASAP, i don't recommend this.. or living together with your inlaws :(
Thanks! I just got a walmart job... it pays $11/hour and then my husband is going to work. Walmart says it is only temp but my sister did this exact job for a month and she was working full-time (different state but same job) so we can move out within the next few months.

We will be moving states but at least I have a guaranteed job since Walmart is EVERYWHERE, literally. So I can just do a store transfer.

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$727
Winbux
$0.00
I pay $520.00 in rent every month where I live. It's a two bedroom and my kids share a room. I comply with the rules of the lease. I keep the apartment clean the best of my ability.