Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

PC or Mac: The great debate

PC or Mac?

• PC

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Mac

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chrome OS

• Other

• Total voters

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
Which do you own and why? What went into your decision and was it an easy one to make?

Poll posted above ?

I own a PC and a Mac Mini. I prefer the PC though. I just prefer windows....

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,391
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
PC all the way. My husband is in IT and refuses to allow macs into the house. At least that's what he says but our daughter has a mac and she loves it. She also never has problems with her laptop like we get with Windows Updates so maybe we should have gone over to the mac side with her years ago.

catgirl

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$135
Winbux
$0.00
I prefer Windows 10 aka "PC". The reason being I work as a Software Engineer and rely on Microsoft's .NET Stack with C# and their IDE Visual Studio 2019, while recently they released a look-alike program for the Mac it lacks many features I need on a regular basis. As a result I'm sticking with PC. Did I mention most PC games are not coreleased on the Mac as Apple Hardware and their operating system just isn't designed to handle gaming well ;)

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
I work for a large tech company, each employee is given their own laptop for work purposes, Mac or PC. It is honestly a pretty even spread 50/50 for each side. The techie people all like Macs, the support/business side all like PC. Fun fact!

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
PC all the way for me! As a gamer myself, I know that PCs are generally considered better for playing computer games. I like the feel of using windows too, much more than operating a Mac.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
PC for me as well. I could not imagine using anything other than Windows on a laptop or desktop really. I've tried using a Mac before and whilst it's not the worst experience, I just like the way Microsoft have done things for Windows.

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$727
Winbux
$0.00
I've always used a PC. Grew up using one, took classes in school, played games like Mecha Warrior and Guild Wars in the early 2000's on Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows VISTA.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$432
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
PC Master Race. Keep all that expensive piece of hardware away :p