Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Phone battery

22_22

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$102
Winbux
$0.00
Is your phone battery quite strong, or has it depleted over the years? I heard iPhones used to be really bad for battery back in the day but are slowly getting better. I've never had an iPhone so I am not entirely sure but my Samsung battery has been kind to me over the years. I have had this one for almost 3 years now though and it is giving up on me. Does anyone also know where I could find one brand new and from a trusted website?

Alexandoy

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,512
Winbux
$0.00
The first Samsung phone given to me by my wife (when she bought a new model) has a problem with the battery that is drained after an hour or 2. I have 2 spare batteries when I use that outside of our home.

TopSilver

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,755
Winbux
$0.00
I recently got an iPhone 11 as a gift. It's battery life is one of the best out there for phones and is much better than my previous iPhone 5. I actually was quite behind on getting a new phone and it was incredibly old for the amount of time that I kept it. Was even old when I got it. These new iPhones battery life is way better. At least 5 times better from what I have noticed. One charge usually last me around 2 days.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
My phone battery tends to not last as it used to be and yet if I keep it ob charged for allot more hours it will last a little more. At times I have to charge it up everday

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
It could be a lot better on my Galaxy S20. This is a somewhat brand new phone as well so it's not like it's old. The battery life is not bad but it's not as good as my old Galaxy S8. It's probably due to me using the 120Hz screen refresh rate.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
My battery in my phone drains fast if I surf the internet or watch Youtube.

Merciless

Graphic Designer
Reaction score
Hubux
$657
Winbux
$0.00
I'm using an iPhone XR and to be honest I've been pretty impressed with the battery life, its never failed me yet.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
I did have a issue with my phone last week where the battery was draining fast, but I found out it was due to iOS 14.2 and the Reddit app. Once I turned off notifications for Reddit my battery life went back to normal. This is on a iPhone 7 Plus and I just got it back in May. Prior to this phone I had a Galaxy S2 at some point and the battery really started to go right before I got a new phone. I think it was a combination of my phone trying to connect to my work's wifi at the time constantly and the age of the phone. This was about 5 or 6 years ago though, I had a Galaxy S7 before my iPhone and had no battery issues.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Helpful tips that I was able to get the battery to last far more longer. :)

Have your wifi off when not needed and when your phone is on standby not to have a clock displayed or anything else being displayed since that can drain your life.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Helpful tips that I was able to get the battery to last far more longer. :)

Have your wifi off when not needed and when your phone is on standby not to have a clock displayed or anything else being displayed since that can drain your life.
I don't have an AMOLED screen so that widget is a No-No.

Also, refrain yourself from those "fast" charges, they drain your battery like crazy.