Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Official PlayStation 5 Discussion Thread

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
For all your PlayStation 5 discussions! Has anyone managed to get a pre-order or the console itself?

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
I'm going to wait a bit before I purchase one, however I did try to get one last week when Sony had them back in stock on Playstation Direct. The first batch typically have bugs that need to be fixed, and plus I don't really have the money to actually buy one now so I'm not sure why I bothered to be in the queue line. :V With Christmas coming up I need to start buying gifts for the family. I'll probably end up getting one in February of next year or whenever my tax return comes back next year.

Merciless

Graphic Designer
Reaction score
Hubux
$657
Winbux
$0.00
I was going to get the PlayStation 5 but then decided to move to PC so I could game and work whenever I want.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
No plans right now, they will release some pro or slim version in like 3 years and I will get that.
Definitely. A slimmer version would be very nice to have although I'll just trade-in and upgrade to that. I don't think I could wait 3 years to get my hands on the PS5.
I'm going to wait a bit before I purchase one, however I did try to get one last week when Sony had them back in stock on Playstation Direct. The first batch typically have bugs that need to be fixed, and plus I don't really have the money to actually buy one now so I'm not sure why I bothered to be in the queue line. :V With Christmas coming up I need to start buying gifts for the family. I'll probably end up getting one in February of next year or whenever my tax return comes back next year.
Stock issues have been a real pain for a lot of users. I was lucky enough to get one on Amazon UK without any issues. A few of the consoles that have been sent out have had bugs but mine has been problem-free so far (touch wood)

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$432
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
With the lack of components going on, the prize should be as high as ever so my answer is no, maybe it's better to wait till 2021 Q2 to get one.

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$725
Winbux
$0.00
My brother got a PS5. He and his wife have been playing games on it. I don't know what they've been playing. I just know he's obsessed with the new console.

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
I'm in no rush to get one, and I probably won't until Persona 6 inevitably comes out, maybe I'll even be able to get a good deal on one at that stage. I reckon this shortage of various electronics is gonna continue for another few months, TSMC are the current suppliers for AMD, Apple, and Nvidia so they really just can't make the wafers quick enough at the moment.

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$725
Winbux
$0.00
I'm in no rush to get one, and I probably won't until Persona 6 inevitably comes out, maybe I'll even be able to get a good deal on one at that stage. I reckon this shortage of various electronics is gonna continue for another few months, TSMC are the current suppliers for AMD, Apple, and Nvidia so they really just can't make the wafers quick enough at the moment.

Yes definitely. I'm hoping the price comes down on it. I came across one brand new at a local video game store in town and it was going for 700 dollars. Aside from the the steep price. There aren't a lot of games that would keep my attention, other than the new Call of Duty, that I want to play right now.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I'd probably stay away from the latest COD and just wait for the next one. I loved Modern Warfare but decided to stay away from Cold War because the beta wasn't great and it just doesn't feel as good as MW.

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$725
Winbux
$0.00
I'd probably stay away from the latest COD and just wait for the next one. I loved Modern Warfare but decided to stay away from Cold War because the beta wasn't great and it just doesn't feel as good as MW.

Are you getting the new Masquerade 2 Bloodlines when it comes out for PS5? It's a vampire game and you can customize your vampire; you can use guns, your powers, and do quests around the city.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Probably not, to be honest. It looks good and probably a game that I would watch someone else play but not something I would get myself.

The only games I'll probably get this year is Gran Turismo and Battlefield