Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

President Joe Biden Ends 20 Year Afghanistan War

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
President Joe Biden's promise to remove US troops from Afghanistan by September 11 is his effort -- each of the last four presidents has had one -- to end America's longest war.

The deadline for Biden's withdrawal is significant -- September 11, 2021, is 20 years after the 9/11 terror attacks in New York, Washington, DC, and Pennsylvania that led the US to target Afghanistan in the first place.

Those two decades have seen more than 2,300 US military lives lost, tens of thousands of US wounded, countless Afghan casualties and more than $2 trillion in taxpayer money spent.

Biden declared on Wednesday that the Sept. 11 attacks, which were coordinated from Afghanistan, cannot justify American forces still being there 20 years after the deadliest terror assault on the United States.

Biden said at the White House that he is the fourth American president to preside over an American troop presence in Afghanistan and he "will not pass this responsibility to a fifth.”

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$725
Winbux
$0.00
I'm glad they're ending this. I think it's a long time coming. Not trying to sound unappreciative of our military.

Same here. This war has been going on too long. Everyone I know has been wanting them to pull the troops out.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
Hate to admit it, but I thought the war ended sometime ago, which we kept troops to keep order. Still, glad to see this end, I agree, we over stayed in this war, anything like a Vietnam war is always a loss.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Hah. President Trump started this. Just another thing Biden is claiming he did.