Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Promotion Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterminor

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hubux
$1,124
Winbux
$1.00
I don't like that you need to have a membership to post in the promotion portal. I get why and that's not my complaint, but my problem is that if the membership expires it seems that your threads vanish and you have to write them again.

I don't want to have to rewrite my advertisements just because I accidentally let my membership expire, or because I simply don't want the membership anymore. I feel that's too strict.

I thought a minimum post amount is good enough and the people who would make 20 spammy posts, then post their ad and leave, can be moderated.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
This is not something that we plan to change at the moment as we want to encourage users to post and take advantage of the membership plans we offer. A lot of users tend to post the 20, post their promo thread and then disappear. This way, we encourage them to actively contribute to the forum continuously.

Any threads that are removed when your membership expires will simply be moved to the archives. Once you get a membership again, it will be moved back by one of the staff members so you won't have to type it out again ;)

Jordan

Tech Support
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,371
Winbux
$0.00
This is not something that we plan to change at the moment as we want to encourage users to post and take advantage of the membership plans we offer. A lot of users tend to post the 20, post their promo thread and then disappear. This way, we encourage them to actively contribute to the forum continuously.

Any threads that are removed when your membership expires will simply be moved to the archives. Once you get a membership again, it will be moved back by one of the staff members so you won't have to type it out again ;)

Going off Ash: If we were a promotion forum then I would agree with you Master, but right now we want more active posters than advertisers. Do not get me wrong, I love checking out advertised sites and supporting new communities.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
Ah, I thought they were permanently removed. Is it just a per request thing? I must say I'm impressed. Seems like you thought of most scenarios.
We don't delete any items here at DH :). If a thread seems to have disappeared, chances are that it is just moved to the archives :)

Jason

Troubleshooter
Reaction score
Website
webmasterchill.com
Hubux
$218
Winbux
$0.00
Oh i was surprised that my promotional thread was moved and i thought as i was the first to post i will get some special treatment. But missed it, so we can bump the thread or post anything till we buy membership and post moved to promotional section?

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Oh i was surprised that my promotional thread was moved and i thought as i was the first to post i will get some special treatment. But missed it, so we can bump the thread or post anything till we buy membership and post moved to promotional section?
Correct. If you upgrade your account to any of the available memberships, we will move your post back to the Promotion Portal and you can bump/post anything you want.

Jason

Troubleshooter
Reaction score
Website
webmasterchill.com
Hubux
$218
Winbux
$0.00
Correct. If you upgrade your account to any of the available memberships, we will move your post back to the Promotion Portal and you can bump/post anything you want.

I applied for the membership and send the amount to you. When will it be enabled?

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
I applied for the membership and send the amount to you. When will it be enabled?
The item should be applied automatically when purchased via the shop.

EDIT: I don't see any transactions or transfers from you for any value that resembles the group membership. When you purchase an item, you need to put it into your cart and then confirm the purchase. @Jason

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
Thanks for making it clear, i stopped before the confirmation page andi thought it is done. Now i confirmed my purchase. Thank you!
The purchase now shows that you gifted it to Ash. Since you are purchasing it for yourself this is not a gift ;). I am going to reverse the transaction and get you your coins back, and then you can start again. Also, I made a guide for shop purchases here, I hope this helps :).

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
This has been resolved so I'm going to lock this up. If anyone wants to discuss this further or has a similar suggestion, please feel free to create a new thread in the Feedback & Support section :)

Status
Not open for further replies.