Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Pumpkin Carving Tips

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,346
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
Do you have any good tips for carving real pumpkins?

Last year my daughter used her clay tools to actually scraped away the outside of the pumpkin skin so that she can could make a scary face and have a true 3D effect. It was awesome! You don't have to carve all the way through because having a candle inside will still illuminate through some of the thinner areas of the skin.

Another thing that friends do is put the opening on the bottom of the pumpkin and what that does is makes the candle stable since it's on the ground and not a lumpy pumpkin.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
I've heard the best suggestion is to carve a circle out of the bottom and scoop out of all of the guts and let it dry and then use a sharpie or permanent marker first before making any actual carving to trace or outline your planned cuts. You then proceed to cut along the lines, using various techniques to sharpen angles and smooth edges.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
A good tip to use Christmas lights. We use LED light strings for pumpkins instead of candles. No worries on fire hazards plus I know if my Christmas lights work before they need put up. I usually hang them on the house right after that but won’t turn them on until after Thanksgiving.