Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Ratio of post/bux?

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
So, I have a question.

I have nearly 220 posts within the community and barely have over 200 bux, is that intended? I feel like it could discourage people from contributing if they realize they need to post nearly 500 times to purchase one of the upgrades. I could understand if the community was a little older and bigger with a more established member base where achieving such a feat doesn't seem impossible.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
Hey @Phenom , I hear where you are coming from.

The current ways to earn Hubux are: Found in "Official - Earning Hubux" thread
  • New Discussion (Create A Thread) - 2 Hubux
  • Discussion Reply (Reply To A Discussion) - 1 Hubux
  • Upload Avatar - 2 Hubux (One-Time)
  • New Follower (When A User Follows You) - 2 Hubux
  • Visit Someone's Profile Page (Once Every 24 Hours) - 1 Hubux
  • Content Liked (When A User Likes Your Content - 10 Times Every 24 Hours) - 1 Hubux Each Time
We understand some of the items in the shop are on the high end of the scale in terms of cost. We see these items as "milestones" and not "consumables". Is there an item in particular that you are looking at?

Also, I can see that you have purchased the promotion portal item for 1 month at a cost of 50 Hubux. That would balance out your holdings with the info above.

I do think some of those tasks do seem kind of "cheap" (i.e. 2 hubux for avatar) and I will bring it up with the team and we can re-evaluate it. What do you think would be a fair rate for that item @Phenom ?

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Well, I would think anything with the profile, including the about me should be higher in value. The about me could be worth the most, maybe $100 bux? It would certainly encourage users to complete their profiles and could provide a source of information to help get to know people. Doesn't have to be fancy, doesn't even have to be extensive, any details can help find commonalities.

I understand where you're coming from with the 'milestone' logic; but, you have to remember that people will want to be able to add links (maybe not to their community; but, their favorite band's website, their blog, etc), be able to change their username and even pin a thread they find important.

Kind of hard to do any of those things when you only earn 2 for creating new threads (which should be higher because let's be honest, the hardest thing in any new community is getting new content/discussions), having users earn more bux for new threads would encourage users to do more than simply reply and instead add threads/discussions of their own that interest them. And only 10 likes count per 24 hours? Seems a little unfair.

I know these are personal qualms and this community is growing; but, you have to remember that you're trying to get people to stay, not scare them off with crazy prices on things that encouraged them to check the place out in the first place.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
Good feedback. (y)

I definitely understand where you are coming from, and can appreciate the concern and suggestion of increasing some key area rewards (i.e. new threads, profile info, welcome thread, etc). Our goal is to avoid getting into a situation where our Hubux currency is so over inflated that achieving these milestone items and regular items are "too easy" for lack of better words. This forum is not heavily policed, basic of basic rules, and the goal is to just have a good time.

We place more focus on the community and the experience vs. the "rewards" or appearance. If we do have members who would like to earn a few extra hubux, I am sure that @Ash and I can find a way to make something work? At least that would give those users who would like an expedited approach to earning the big things faster.

As for the regular compensation for posting/threads, we will talk as a team and see what can be done. To be continued!

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
That's all I can ask. The new threads would be appreciated. Saves some of us from having to create all of them and truly hinders the ability of others to share in their own passions and hobbies.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
That's all I can ask. The new threads would be appreciated. Saves some of us from having to create all of them and truly hinders the ability of others to share in their own passions and hobbies.
What would you suggest is a fair "going-rate" for new threads? ball park?

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
15-20, give or take. You're talking about increasing the number of discussions.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
I was thinking of maybe along the lines of 5 hubux per thread. Ok, will bring that up in our next staff chat and we will see what we come back with.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Well, considering how new the site is, I think it fair. You could even drop it to as low as 10. You want people to make threads, right? Encourage them.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
Going to toss the option of having higher paying rewards for upgraded memberships into the mix. (i.e. emerald).

We are also going to be holding a "double hubux" event in the near future.

Chel

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.tapatalk.com
Hubux
$2,141
Winbux
$0.00
I personally think it's fine. It discourages spamming. I'm saving my hubux up for a 3 month item, personally.

If anything it teaches patience and money control. But I've always been careful with my money so I guess it comes naturally to me.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
The shop items were created with the current rates in mind. The idea is that someone can't just post a bit and get the most expensive items straight away. For example, if we increased the thread amount to 10 Hubux, you would only have to post 15 threads a month to get Sapphire. That seems pretty easy for the highest group upgrade (bought with Hubux) and everyone would end up looking the same.

We do have special events planned for the future include Double Hubux hours etc. We are just sorting some other things out at the moment but once those are all done, we will be bringing in these events regularly so that Hubux can be earned in other ways as well :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.