Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Reading with the tv on or off?

Igba

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$953
Winbux
$0.00
When I read, I need complete quietness. It's not like sleeping with music playing in the background for me. Once there's any sort of noise, I'll not be able to focus on what I'm reading.

Shortie

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,222
Winbux
$0.00
If I am going to read I know if the TV is on, I will end up getting distracted by it and will probably lose track of the story in the book I am reading. If I choose to read I always go in a quiet room and having nothing on and I just sit in silence with say my LED lights on and read.

altair

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$926
Winbux
$0.00
When I read, I need complete quietness. It's not like sleeping with music playing in the background for me. Once there's any sort of noise, I'll not be able to focus on what I'm reading.
The same.
I'm extremely noise sensitive, so any kind of noise makes it difficult for me to concentrate.
I was reading today and and heard people talking. It completely disrupted me.

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$727
Winbux
$0.00
I wouldn't be reading a book or the local newspaper. I'll be watching the tv instead. 😁

Ginger

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$0.00
I used to prepare for exam with TV on but its not a good thing and if we like to concentrate then you should stop all other things