Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Remove pointer events from the Witch Hats

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
Currently the Witch Hats on users avatars can overlap the Page navigation buttons like in my screenshot. Cosmetically this isn't the biggest issue in the world, however the hat actually inherits the same anchor as avatars themselves. This creates a problem when you try to click some of the page nav buttons and instead it generates a tooltip for the user who's Witch hat is overlapping.

In my screenshot (which is Last Thing You Bought), trying to click the "..." button so I can input a page number simply generates Kylie's tooltip.

Solution: add the following to extra.less:

Code:
/*** Witch's Hat pointer/anchor fix ***/
.avatar::before {
     pointer-events: none;
}

Now the Witch's Hat does not act as a URL, a tooltip will only be generated when we hover the avatar and we now have a much easier time using the page nav.

Attachments

• pointer-events.png
    pointer-events.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Ash

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Sorry about the inconvenience with that @apathy. Thanks for the little code snippet as well since that just makes my job easier ? . Should be fixed now with all the active themes.

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
Sorry about the inconvenience with that @apathy. Thanks for the little code snippet as well since that just makes my job easier ? . Should be fixed now with all the active themes.
No worries, it's hardly the biggest issue in the world but definitely worth doing since the fix is so simple. Thanks for the prompt action!

Reactions: Ash

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.