Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Scam Calls?

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
You ever get people calling up trying to trick you into giving them your Social Security number or credit card?

Zap

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Website
forumdb.net
Hubux
$1,384
Winbux
$0.00
I get like three calls of that type a day. But in 99% of the cases, they are from foreign numbers, so it is easy to weed them out.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I do sometimes and i let them do all the talking from 3 to 5 minutes depending on my mood and then just hang up.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
At this point, I've actually given up on answering my phone. It's probably not a great thing but if you're not saved as a contact, I'm not picking up the phone. Obviously, if I know I'm getting an important call, that changes.

FriendlyPerson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
At this point, I've actually given up on answering my phone. It's probably not a great thing but if you're not saved as a contact, I'm not picking up the phone. Obviously, if I know I'm getting an important call, that changes.
Indeed time filtering is a good start indeed without worrying about if you phone have a filter function or not.

Also you can simply not respond to the phone otherwise as not only does that not tempt you to reply but also ensure you don't get more along the way. Because they will think that the calls are not reaching you.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I have a Galaxy S20 which I believe has a function to block spam calls but honestly, I don't trust it. The last thing I need is for it to accidentally block a call I actually want to answer

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00

This is me. If you're not saved as a contact in my phone, more than likely it's a spammy call that I'm going to be ignoring. I'll pick up if I know I'm expecting an important phone call.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
On the landline, yes. Get spells when they call you and then other times it dies off and you have weeks without any scams. I don't know about your guys but when we get those calls, it always has to be your internet connection or router or saying there is nothing wrong with your PC.