Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Scratch or sketch?

Lord Saru

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$111
Winbux
$0.00
I am usually the person to open the photoshop and work my graphic piece fron scratch. But lately, a lot of articles has come up regarding digital transformation of our sketches and people ask a lot of questions on it.

I was wondering if there are anyone that puts their work in paper amd then transform them into digital copies ans use it? Whats your idea behind doing it that way?

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,346
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
This is actually a really good topic!

I used to start from scratch and would draw my graphics on paper or illustration board, then scan them into the computer and work them up in my Corel Draw program (I don't have Photoshop). I have done it this way because I went to art school for illustration back before computers were used for graphics so it's the most natural way for me to do things.

In the past few years though, I've changed over to starting on the computer and then fine tuning it. I think it takes a lot longer since I'm not as adept with the tools as most people are who do graphics on the computer but it helps me learn for the next piece I'll be working on.