Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Screen protector or case?

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
How do you keep your phone safe from drops and damage?

I am a huge fan of the Otterbox Defender. I can't tell you how many times I have dropped my phone, but it is still good as new :D.

I replaced the case on my device just recently after getting approx 2.5 years out of it. No regrets!

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
My phone doesn't get used and so it doesn't get into heavy-duty jobs. The CAse that I got helps with raindrops and the case able to have the phone standing up and helps to watch things.

PAid like £10 to $15 and last for 5 years so far. But not heavy use on it.

Lord Saru

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$111
Winbux
$0.00
What I do for my phone is that I use a tempered screen protector along with a flip cover with a magnetic lock.

I know its too much but for the past 7 years, I have never had to change my phone because the screen broke. I changed my phone 5 times in last 7 years for entirely different reasons though.

I have a friend who has been using the same phone for 6 years now. XD

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
Both. I'm using a glass screen protector and a hard back case to prevent damage from occurring. I replace these mobile accessories either when they break or when they've taken some wear and tear.

Jisemendez

Josemendez
Reaction score
Hubux
$96
Winbux
$0.00

I am a huge fan of the Otterbox Defender. I can't tell you how many times I have dropped my phone, but it is still good as new :D.

I replaced the case on my device just recently after getting approx 2.5 years out of it. No regrets!
If there are several things that I am good in , I think dropping my phone easily is one of them ? .
I do change my screen guard often because of this . have been trying to avoid such , since the last phone I bought , and so far , I think I have tried to keep it safe for more than a month , and that's like a miracle ?

Chel

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.tapatalk.com
Hubux
$2,141
Winbux
$0.00
I have a Ringke Fusion case for mine and a tempered glass screen protector. So far I've been lucky with my drops. No damage.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I always just get a case. I stick to Spigen who make some great cases that both protect your phone and don't make it too bulky. I don't bother with a screen protector.

Joshua Farrell

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$908
Winbux
$0.00
I haven't yet felt the need to use either actively. If I were to choose, my first thing I would like to use to help protect my phone, would be a durable phone casing. The last time I used one, it was pretty good at protecting from most typical drops. The only time it didn't help, was when I lent my phone to my niece, and she dropped it from the bleachers at a high school basketball game.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel

I have the one that came with my Xiaomi and it is beyond great, it's similar to the one you use.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
I'm not as hard on my phone as some people, however, I do keep it in some kind of a case. I do drop mine once in a great while. Not a lot, mind you. Just maybe once or twice a year it'll get dropped at some point on accident.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
I don't have any kind of case or protection on my phone. I haven't felt compelled to buy anything for it. My mom and my daughter thinks I should. But I just haven't. No reason really.

Ikenna

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,909
Winbux
$0.00
There's no way that I'm not going to be using both the smartphone case and screen protector. They are both very important for the safety of my smartphone. But if I'm forced to choose only one, it's going to be the screen protector.

Dori

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$942
Winbux
$0.00
Both of them are very good for the safety of your smartphone. Those who designed and produced it aren't stupid to do so because they know how much relevant it's going to be for smartphone guarding.

Shortie

Knows their way around
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,217
Winbux
$0.00
Emerald Membership (1 Month)
Screen protectors are all good but, to be honest, I always find them annoying when they bubble and you can never seem to fully get the bubble to disappear which is annoying. I am happy as long as I have a case on my phone and it works to protect it. I only have a case on my phone at the moment and I have dropped it a few times and it still works really well.