Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Self/Less movie

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,989
Winbux
$0.00
Now this movie, I hesitated watching because even though I like Sci-Fi, it seemed like it would be more on the horror side. It wasn’t. I’m glad I tried it out. It’s a 2015 Sci-Fi movie starring Ben Kingsley & Ryan Reynolds. Normally Ryan Reynolds I think of as a comedic actor, not for a serious role. I think he did a great job with the emotions played out in here.
The plot involves an old billionaire with a terminal illness “buying” a lab-grown body so his mind can live on.
Here’s a question: If you had a chance to extend your life, would you? I’d like to say I wouldn’t.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$691
Winbux
$0.00
If you had a chance to extend your life, would you? I’d like to say I wouldn’t.

I'm going to say no based on my mental / emotional health and from what I experienced with my divorce. Without having the people we love in our lives. It can make it hard to move forward. I just don't see myself being around without someone to share it with. It'd be a very lonely existence.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I would say there would be some instance where I'd like to extend my life... perhaps a big event is happening for a loved one and I want to be there or perhaps I'm part of a life changing project and want to see it to fruition before I die, things like that I would say.