Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Should healthcare be universal?

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I honestly don't see any reason why it shouldn't. Several countries with varying types of governments and resources are able to show that universal healthcare works. I'm extremely grateful for the NHS over here in the UK and couldn't imagine not having it!

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I would support a system where universal health insurance is available as long as private health insurance is also available. I just don’t trust the government enough to make them the sole providers of health insurance and health care.

In truth I would like measures taken to lower the price of health care in general as I think it is massively overpriced for the services it offers.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Private health insurance will always exist, to be fair. I don't think that would disappear if universal health insurance became a reality. It's kind of crazy seeing some of the bills for healthcare in the US. Simple things like aspirin becomes $100+

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
To be honest, I really can't see how anybody who has a shred of humanity and empathy can ever think that healthcare should not be universal.

In a country where providing medical care for everyone is possible there is no excuse for that not being the case. How can anyone in good conscience think it is ok to let people suffer when that suffering could be relieved.