Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Should teachers get paid more?

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
Should that even be a question? Yes! They are in charge of our and other nation's future and should be given everything to ensure that they can teach and go home without finical worries.

Teachers struggle with their finances and Gamestops recent CEO got 100 million dollars for running a company into the ground. What's wrong with that picture?

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
If they are good and have results then yeah. No point if they get paid more and no one walks away being learnt something new. I know that private schools get paid more

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
If they are good and have results then yeah. No point if they get paid more and no one walks away being learnt something new. I know that private schools get paid more

This as well, a teacher who churns out bad students should see reduction but not to the point it forces them to cheat results.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
Yes, teachers should be paid more. So should nurses, and firefighters, and paramedics, and grocery workers. Capitalism has put a terrible spin on the value of certain things (I.e. professional sports, government officials, and more).

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
Yes, teachers should be paid more. So should nurses, and firefighters, and paramedics, and grocery workers. Capitalism has put a terrible spin on the value of certain things (I.e. professional sports, government officials, and more).

I know nurses here in the states usually make a good living, its those under nurses that could use more payment.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
The majority of teachers and nurses over here in the UK don't make enough for what they do really. Paying teachers more would be extremely beneficial to everyone because the kids (well, most of them) would learn more and do better. Teachers would start to care more about their jobs as well if they were properly rewarded (I know most teachers do of course but you get a few here and there that don't do much)

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
My mom is retired now but she worked as a teacher for a long time before retiring. I've heard of some of the stories of what she's had to deal with over the years. Now, I don't know what my mom got paid (I was never rude enough to ask) but I'm sure what she got paid was never enough for what she's had to deal with over her teaching career.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Yes and for the same reasons that Firefighters, Paramedics and Police should too.. Teachers are the one's that educate the children of today to grow up and be more productive, and is a very important job. The same as Firefighters and Police. They do a life threatening job, but get paid very little in comparison to (just one example) actors who get paid a lot of money to play pretend or dress up, Honestly, of those positions, which is doing more good for the citizens of our country? Someone who wears costumes and plays pretend roles to entertain us (admittedly, that’s important to a certain extent), or the people who risk there lives everyday to protect other people at the possible expense of their own lives or someone like a teacher who is training today's youth how to improve the world? The world would go on without actors or musicians, but would be in dire straights if teachers, Police or Firefighter/Paramedics weren’t there to save people. And as far as “that is just the way they get paid” is no excuse to not change the way Teachers, Firefighters and Police officers get paid. They are true heroes and get paid a barely sustainable wage.

Lee

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,040
Winbux
$0.00
Trouble is, if you gave everybody that deserved it a pay rise - you would devalue it. The price of items would increase to reflect the new wages of the masses, effectively nullifying a pay rise.

I do agree that Teachers, Emergency Workers, etc deserve a pay rise though. Somebody working full time should be able to support their family, regardless of their job.

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,985
Winbux
$0.00
I too think they should be paid more as well as firefighters & others who put their lives on the line for us. I wish they would take the money they give to celebs & professional athletes & divert some of it to these people. Celebs do not need all that money. It's ridiculous!

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
A big yes!

But there are some points i need to make before agreeing with someone getting paid more.

One is obviously if that teacher is updating his ways and also is capable of teaching, it's a very delicate profession and they should all be in good shape for teaching (psychologically) and also, they should be examinated every semester to see if their "method" was OK for their students.

Anyway, over here it's not a profession that will make you rich or something, people do it because of their resume.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,346
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
Where I used to live teachers had to constantly return to school to continue their education...that meant money out of their own pockets to keep their jobs. I think that if the requirement of schooling is necessary that it should be paid for by the system requiring it.

There are teachers who do make what they're worth. Not all teachers are good teachers!

TopSilver

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,755
Winbux
$0.00
Teachers are many places starting to get paid more as they should. Here in North Carolina I think they tried raising the pay raise once but it was only for certain teachers that fit a certain criteria. I think principals got paid more too. But teachers are the back-bone of the person that has an effect on our youth and our kids. So it's necessary to make sure they are not being under-paid.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I'm surprised teachers aren't paid more. These are folks that are literally shaping our future through our children. I still remember the teachers that influenced me. I don't mind spending a little more around the holiday season for gift cards and such for my daughter's teachers just to show them we appreciate them.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
I'm surprised teachers aren't paid more. These are folks that are literally shaping our future through our children. I still remember the teachers that influenced me. I don't mind spending a little more around the holiday season for gift cards and such for my daughter's teachers just to show them we appreciate them.

I agree with this. I'm sure whatever gift I give them around the holidays won't compare to the work that they have to deal with all year long. But I don't mind showing them my appreciation to them for what they do though.