Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Shows that should have ended earlier

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
What are some of the best examples of TV shows that should have ended a lot earlier? For many, Prison Break seems to be the most popular choice. The first season was great. And then it just went downhill unfortunately :(

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Two and a Half Men should have ended after Charlie Sheen was fired.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Just remembered How I Met Your Mother as well. Not sure why they ended it as they did. It should have ended a lot earlier when the mother was introduced to viewers.

Kyng

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,256
Winbux
$0.00
Deal or No Deal shouldn't have lasted until 2016, in my opinion.

I'll admit that I loved it when I first discovered it in 2006. It was a real contradiction: mind-numbing, and yet mathematically interesting. And games could get pretty tense... at least, for the first few years. When the 2010s rolled around, the worsening economic situation meant that players were becoming far more cautious. Also, they went and extended each episode from 45 to 65 minutes, but the extra 20 minutes weren't filled with any new gameplay elements: it was all just padding and chatter. This made the pacing far too slow... and the show also got caught up in its own subculture and rituals, to the point where Noel Edmonds became unbearable to watch.

The only thing that kept it even slightly interesting was the search for the first male quarter-millionaire. And when that final box was ticked, in mid-2013, I think the show should have ended.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Definitely One Piece. Shows that lasts more than 1000 episodes should be banned.

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,053
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
The Simpsons, Family Guy for sure.

Scrubs before that final season of...whatever it was...