Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Squid Game

Nous

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
gtaboards.com
Hubux
$1,186
Winbux
$0.00
I have to bring this one up, it's everywhere..

Has anyone watched it? I haven't watched it myself, but I am planning to getting started.

What's all this hype about?

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
An incredibly tense, fast-paced nail-biting horror drama about a group of desperate people who put their lives on the line for the chance to win a billion dollar payout.

Nous

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
gtaboards.com
Hubux
$1,186
Winbux
$0.00
An incredibly tense, fast-paced nail-biting horror drama about a group of desperate people who put their lives on the line for the chance to win a billion dollar payout.
Well I hope it has a good story, planning on starting to watch it soon.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Drama Series of the Year, folks!!! And brace yourselves for a major plot twist towards the end!

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Drama Series of the Year, folks!!! And brace yourselves for a major plot twist towards the end!
Bloody loved it! It's honestly one of the best shows ever for me and is up there with Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul in terms of personal favourites. The ending was a crazy plot twist but one that didn't actually surprise me too much. A few on Reddit were predicting it as they were watching each episode. There were a few clues that pointed towards it ;)

Nous

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
gtaboards.com
Hubux
$1,186
Winbux
$0.00
Really! It's that good? Okay I can't wait to start watching it. As soon as I am done with my assignments for uni I will start watching squid game.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,346
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
I want to see it. And yet, I don't want to see it. I keep getting draw into that trailer though because it's so intense and I ask myself what I would do if I were in that situation!

Then there's the memes on social media where someone says they keep wondering when Katniss will show up LOL

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I want to see it. And yet, I don't want to see it. I keep getting draw into that trailer though because it's so intense and I ask myself what I would do if I were in that situation!

Then there's the memes on social media where someone says they keep wondering when Katniss will show up LOL
Just jump into the first episode when you have time and see what you think. I wasn't too sure about the hype either but I loved it the moment I started watching it.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I have friends who have mentioned it and recommend it. I've heard that it's kind of dark but it's a good watch. I will probably tune in at some point but probably when the hype dies down.

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
I really liked it too, sometimes I watch things and just about make it through the first episode thinking that it will pick up and I will get into it, but this has just enough WTF in the first episode to grab you and pull you in already.

Nova

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$186
Winbux
$0.00
I loved the squid game. Not much violent and not much madness just the perfect and also had not much of an issues with the morality side either.

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,985
Winbux
$0.00
I've been hearing about this a lot lately. People seem to be really into it. I actually enjoy Korean based shows. I think the acting is quite good & I've even picked up a few Korean words. I tend to watch it in the native language with English translation.
For those who have watched other survivor shows like Survivor in the USA, how does this compare? I may check it out soon. As long as it's not overly deep.

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
I actually enjoy Korean based shows. I think the acting is quite good & I've even picked up a few Korean words. I tend to watch it in the native language with English translation.

Some of them are really good.

I remember watching a Korean movie on Netflix about a guy who becomes a superhero after drinking water from a spring where a meteor crashed, and then saves the neighbourhood from an evil construction company. I don't remember what it was called but it was a good fun film.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I have friends who have mentioned it and recommend it. I've heard that it's kind of dark but it's a good watch. I will probably tune in at some point but probably when the hype dies down.
Don't wait too long though. The risk of the spoilers is too high the longer you wait :p
Some of them are really good.

I remember watching a Korean movie on Netflix about a guy who becomes a superhero after drinking water from a spring where a meteor crashed, and then saves the neighbourhood from an evil construction company. I don't remember what it was called but it was a good fun film.
I'm binge-watching a few East Asian shows at the moment. Since you liked Squid Game, Alice in Borderland (Japanese) might be great. It's a similar premise although a lot more brutal.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I read a headline earlier with something ridiculous that Squid Game is now worth $900 Million Dollars. Do you think that's true?

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I read a headline earlier with something ridiculous that Squid Game is now worth $900 Million Dollars. Do you think that's true?
The way Netflix calculates the worth is a bit dodgy but it definitely made a hell of a lot of money for Netflix. Not sure about the 900 million figure but it's probably a lot.