Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Stocks & Shares

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Do we have any investors here?

200.gif

I've started learning about it and am currently investing in GameStop because a whole group of Redditors are going up against people that are shorting it.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
My investments haven't gone too badly so far. 5 shares of GME at an average price of $37.50. Return is currently +£100.73 which is 73.63%. Looking to buy a few more shares tomorrow and then hopefully make a bigger profit.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Boys....and girls (if there are many here), I have done quite well so far. Sold two of my seven shares to ensure that I get my initial investment and a tiny bit of profit back. And now the waiting game begins.

CXx103i.png

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I was always interested in this, but in my country we don't have a way to monetize shares now so it's not something i can smell for now..

My mission is to be a good investor and try to buy a house out of it instead of going to mortgage loans and all that.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Be careful @Ash, I would suggest taking your profits and running now. They're going to do an investigation into the rise in GameStop's stock increase as well as AMC. They're already freezing investments from those outside hedge funds/Wall Street here in the US.

Robinhood Markets and Interactive Brokers joined a growing group of firms restricting trading of stocks that have run up rapidly the last week. Shares of GameStop and AMC plunged more than 40% after the moves, though they recovered some ground in after-hours trading.
Meanwhile, the broader market regained its composure after Wednesday's selloff. U.S. stocks finished 1% higher Thursday after weekly jobless claims came in better than expected.
There were other big individual movers Thursday. American Airlines jumped about 10% after reporting a smaller than expected loss. BlackBerry and Bed Bath & Beyond were both down more than 35%.
Apple and Tesla also fell after reporting their latest quarterly figures late Wednesday. Mastercard, Altria and Southwest Airlines were all reporting Thursday.
There are lots of stories to catch up on that break down the latest moves as a "Nerds vs. Wall Street" battle plays out in markets. Some highlights:

Source - https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/stock-market-gamestop-amc

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I was always interested in this, but in my country we don't have a way to monetize shares now so it's not something i can smell for now..

My mission is to be a good investor and try to buy a house out of it instead of going to mortgage loans and all that.
Yeah, that would be the dream. Extremely jealous of some of the huge gains that some people have made but I just don't think I would ever put so much money at risk like others have.

The restrictions on purchases have been reversed although I believe RobinHood is limiting most accounts to just 5 GME shares. I've got my initial investment and a tiny bit of money back so honestly, I'm going to hold out for a bit.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
The restrictions on purchases have been reversed although I believe RobinHood is limiting most accounts to just 5 GME shares. I've got my initial investment and a tiny bit of money back so honestly, I'm going to hold out for a bit.
Just make sure that you take your profits before they start tanking again. GameStop is still dying as far as I'm aware, same with AMC.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Of course. Most of us are just waiting for the short squeeze. I don't think anyone is investing in GameStop for long term gains.