Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Student Loan Forgiveness: Yes or No?

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
Do you think they should give the option for people to have student loan forgiveness?

Biden proposed $10,000 of student loan forgiveness, and has called on Congress to cancel $10,000 of student loans immediately for student loan borrowers. ... Biden has said repeatedly that he doesn't support up to $50,000 of student loan cancellation, and it's unlikely he would change his position.May 22, 2021

Biden's Plan For Student Loan Cancellation—7 Questions​

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Yes because failed government policies, not recklessness on the part of students, led to an explosion in borrowing.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Yes and no.

No, because college debt must be paid. It was money given on the premise of education. Although, that being said, should some of the debt be forgiven? Yes. There should be reforms that reduce the overall cost. The inflation of a college degree is ridiculous. It used to cost a mere couple thousand for a degree. Now, the costs have skyrocketed to well over $100k or more for some degrees.

College is a right, not a necessity and therefore should not be free. No one made me go to college. No one made me choose the degree I did.

There is always the option of obtaining a trade occupation.

TopSilver

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,755
Winbux
$0.00
I suppose I would support it because somebodies paying for it. If it's not the student then I suppose the government would be shelling out money to pay for it. I don't think they can just decide weather or not a college gets paid. But if they're paying for it I don't see why not.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,346
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
No, I don't feel that taxpayers should be obligated to pay for something that someone signed in agreement to pay in the first place. We need to be teaching young adults about personal responsibility and maybe even get away from encouraging instant college after high school. Trade Schools are a great option without the high debt!

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
No, I don't feel that taxpayers should be obligated to pay for something that someone signed in agreement to pay in the first place. We need to be teaching young adults about personal responsibility and maybe even get away from encouraging instant college after high school. Trade Schools are a great option without the high debt!

You make a good point. The reason why I agree with you is because I spent most of a decade paying on my ex wife's college debts. Her loans still aren't paid off. She's still 18 thousand dollars in the hole. Back when we were married, we did talk about filing for bankruptcy thinking it might help. But evidently bankruptcy doesn't erase student loans.