Taxation: Good or Bad?

• Auction #3 has arrived! Get your hands on your very own group forum and section. Bid Now!

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Hubux
3,603¢
Obviously, a fully centralised government--such as a communist one--does not need to tax its population, since it is already in full control of the economy.

But a market-based government also does not strictly need to raise income, if it is in control of the currency; it can just print more, as required.

So it seems that taxation has three benefits: it can be a tool for wealth redistribution, it helps regulate government spending by tying it to total economic activity, and it doesn't force the government to be directly in charge of its own currency.

JennyorAlice

Has big shoes to fill
Emerald Member
Hubux
636¢
Certain taxes I think is okay as long as it's not mishandled.

Too much tax can hurt your average citizen though.

Lee

Found the couch and snacks
Hubux
142¢
I dont mind contributing my share as long as I get even a small say in how it is distributed.

Thats what elections are / should be for.

Reactions: JennyorAlice

Ashlynn S

Found the couch and snacks
Hubux
152¢
With the way the world economy works, if we want to have infrastructure and public services then taxes are a necessary evil. The big question is what exactly is taxed and how, and whether it is fair to everyone.

Fait

A new face
Hubux
17¢
Both
Like it does help pay for roads and stuff that makes life a little better, especially with the way the world is now with covid the economy has taken a huge hit but as long as governments don’t abuse it for their own reasons.

Members online

What Are We Listening To?

• Hollywood's Bleeding
    Enemies (feat. DaBaby)
    Post Malone feat. DaBaby
    Hollywood's Bleeding

Status Updates

Updated my site with some custom graphics and added a basic forum: https://zoldos.net :D
zoldos wrote on Oblivion Knight's profile.
Cool username. :)
Check out my new personal domain and site: https://zoldos.net
Ash wrote on Ana128's profile.
Hi, welcome to Discussion Hub :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bnernus