Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

That one online friend

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Who’s that one online friend you’ll never forget?

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
One person that I knew him since the good old days and it's really hard to get hold of him nowadays. He's a cop in real life and lives the other side of the world. Meet from doing gaming ;) since 2012 and trying to get hold of him is not easy to the point that we have not talked in months and more months.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Dominic was his name haven't seen him online in a year or two I miss him.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
I have a friend I met online 25 years ago!! AND we still keep in touch! It's crazy how friends online can make a huge impression on you and make your life more enjoyable.
That's awesome and a long time. Have you ever met in person?

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
I had some friends from the old Hyperkin Game Genie forum that got shut down last year. Back in 2013 to 2014.

I was friends with one guy on Facebook who lived in Alabama. This is before I permanently shut down Facebook and Twitter. He and I talked on the phone. He loved Dragon Ball Z. He loved Bloodborne and Final Fantasy games. He was 36 when I met him. So he's probably in his early 40's now.

I made a few more friends on there. The community was very friendly and engaging. It wasn't something I've run into on any other forum.

I booted up an anime forum. A lot of my friends from that forum were the first to join and staff it. That was fun while it lasted. Until I shut it down due to inactivity.

Then it was really sad years later when the Game Genie forum was shut down. That's understandable though. It was inactive too. All the good members had moved on.

Yeah. Good times. I miss those people.

TopSilver

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,755
Winbux
$0.00
My buddy Nagato is really one of my closest online friends. We've been talking for around 6 years or so which is quite some time to be online buddies. He was a staff member on my site before he retired and was made a VIP. He plans on coming back soon though.

I also suppose @Laifot is a decent online friend to as we've been talking for around 3 years.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,346
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
That's awesome and a long time. Have you ever met in person?

Oh yes! I belonged to a local online community and we had gatherings every year for a few years. I only see a couple of them every now and again since I moved away but we all keep in touch still on Facebook.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
There's one online friend I made on another forum that is no longer up and running. I was unable to get any contact info from them before the site closed down so I haven't been able to talk to them in a while. I am wondering how they are doing and just catch up if they have the time.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
Oh yes! I belonged to a local online community and we had gatherings every year for a few years. I only see a couple of them every now and again since I moved away but we all keep in touch still on Facebook.

That's nice that you get to keep up with each other on Facebook at least.