Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

The Halo Discussion Thread

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
I figure instead of having a bunch of individual threads for all of the Halo games, maybe it would be better to condense them down to just one that way we can save on space and maximize discussion opportunities.

So, let's start with the classic: favorite Halo game and why?

Joshua Farrell

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$908
Winbux
$0.00
Halo 2, as that is the first game that I enjoyed a better multiplayer map variety, and the fact that I hated using only one weapon at a time, so Halo 2 gave me the opportunity to kill faster with certain weapons, like the needler.

I also recently bought Halo 5, as it went down in price in the Microsoft Online Store. :D

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Have you seen the trailer for Halo Infinite? If not, here ya go:

What are your thoughts/opinions?

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Delayed until 2021. Not surprised after the backlash they got when they showed off the game. The Xbox Series X launch is going to be a bit underwhelming now though

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Delayed until 2021. Not surprised after the backlash they got when they showed off the game. The Xbox Series X launch is going to be a bit underwhelming now though
Microsoft doesn't seem concerned. Most of their Xbox Series X games are going to be available on PC. I'm glad they pushed back the Halo Infinite launch, those graphics were atrocious. They looked way too much like the originals', which would be fine, if they weren't harking on how great the graphics will be on the new console.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
Microsoft doesn't seem concerned. Most of their Xbox Series X games are going to be available on PC. I'm glad they pushed back the Halo Infinite launch, those graphics were atrocious. They looked way too much like the originals', which would be fine, if they weren't harking on how great the graphics will be on the new console.

Huh, I didn't really notice till now. I wonder why they didn't make it look better?

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Huh, I didn't really notice till now. I wonder why they didn't make it look better?

The other issue being raised among fans has been the art-style, which 343 Industries defended and explained: “Based on our (343 Industries) learnings from Halo 4, Halo 5, and Halo Wars 2 – along with strong community feedback – we decided to shift back towards the legacy aesthetics that defined the original trilogy,” the developer explained.
- https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-new...nite-graphics-weve-heard-the-feedback-2719440

They think the shift back to the classic art style is the best choice. The only problem is that it looks horrible on the high definition.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
It's nice that they are diversifying a bit but what is going to happen is that there isn't going to be a reason to get a Xbox Series X if you can just get it on PC as well. Might as well get a PS5 to play some of the exclusives and have a PC for both PC and Xbox games.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
It's nice that they are diversifying a bit but what is going to happen is that there isn't going to be a reason to get a Xbox Series X if you can just get it on PC as well. Might as well get a PS5 to play some of the exclusives and have a PC for both PC and Xbox games.
That's what everyone is saying and that's the problem, not everyone can afford a high-end PC capable of processing these games at the 60 FPS and quality that would do the game fair justice. Most people rely on a console because they don't have to worry about constantly updating their graphics card and such.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
That's what everyone is saying and that's the problem, not everyone can afford a high-end PC capable of processing these games at the 60 FPS and quality that would do the game fair justice. Most people rely on a console because they don't have to worry about constantly updating their graphics card and such.

Unffortunately most games of this era are not optimized. They rely on a great graphic card capacity to cover all of their messed stuff. Consoles are not lowering prizes either.. and the graphics are not even close to a pc.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Unffortunately most games of this era are not optimized. They rely on a great graphic card capacity to cover all of their messed stuff. Consoles are not lowering prizes either.. and the graphics are not even close to a pc.
Nope, very true. I know some games require you to have multiple high-end graphics cards to optimize settings and visual quality

Laifot

Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Rebel
Nope, very true. I know some games require you to have multiple high-end graphics cards to optimize settings and visual quality

Yeah, buying a monitor that could do justice is worth a lot more than a console and TV together.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
It is, very much so. It runs you, what $1k minimum?

Laifot

Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Rebel
It is, very much so. It runs you, what $1k minimum?

I'm saving for my new monitor, i'm still using a 60hz one.

But tried an MSI one (i think one of the most cheap quality monitors you'll find) and yeah, they are around $1k. It's a one time investment though.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Yeah, I've heard some of those higher end, curved monitors can run you $2k easily.

Laifot

Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Rebel
Yeah, I've heard some of those higher end, curved monitors can run you $2k easily.

I don't like big monitors so a curved 24'' should do the job for me. Hitting 4k resolutions in those screens is impossible though.

By the way, i only played Halo 1, what title should i play now?

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
I don't like big monitors so a curved 24'' should do the job for me. Hitting 4k resolutions in those screens is impossible though.

By the way, i only played Halo 1, what title should i play now?
Chronological or in general?

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Chronologically, it's Halo Wars, Halo Reach, Halo Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3 ODST, Halo 3, Halo 4, Halo 5 and Halo Wars 2.

Order of release, Halo Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo Wars, Halo 3 ODST, Halo Reach, Halo 4, Halo 5, Halo Wars 2.
Post automatically merged:

@Laifot

Last edited:

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
favorite Halo game and why?
For me, it has to be Halo 2. The storyline, the gameplay, everything was so immersive. This was the game where you found a second halo, killed a prophet, defended earth from the covenant, and ended up fighting alongside the elites.