Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Thinking of starting a blog about gaming...

Gazza

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$46
Winbux
$0.00
...but I dunno where to start LOL

Does anyone have a blog on here who could give me some pointers on where to begin? I know that Google do a blogger package and there's Wordpress. What about Tumblr? Has anyone used that one? Are there any others and which is the best to use?

Thanks in advance.

Zakalwe

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$94
Winbux
$0.00
Pick a relatively narrow niche. Otherwise you’ll be swamped by other larger more established sites.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
Know that you will be throwing yourself into a vast ocean of over crowded blogs, unless you know some niche to focus on or personality that makes you stand out, you're better off helping someone else.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
I have a blog but mine is literature based. If you are going to start a blog, I'd suggest you do something that you enjoy. Like, I enjoy reading and that's why my blog is literature based. I can easily talk about literature in my blog because I enjoy it so much. If gaming isn't a top that you enjoy, then it's going to be hard to have a blog based on gaming.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Like the others have mentioned, picking a less saturated niche might be a good idea. Maybe pick a new game and dedicate the blog to that and other general gaming news? Like Fall Guys would have been a good one to base it on.

WordPress and self hosting is the best option. You can make it look good and it's so much more convenient.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$432
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Try to focus on something you're specialized. Like PC Gaming or Console gaming, then when you get the expertise try setting up both themes.

raaman

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$320
Winbux
$0.00
It appears that you want to go in for a sub-domain blog. So, you don't want to monetize your blog?