Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Thread Count Add-on

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
It would be interesting to see what others think of this. Whilst it would be nice to promote the idea of having more topics here at DH, I think it's better to keep TPOM since that counts both threads and posts.

Some users contribute a lot but are less likely to create threads, either out of choice or the fact they can't think of any new topics to create threads about. It's good to allow everyone a chance to win TPOM.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
So, instead of seeing posts we see 20 to 50 or maybe 100 threads a day with no replies LOL
Sorry, it was just a suggestion and I see no reason to be rude.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
I'm in agreement with Ash as TPOM encourages both new posts & topics. As for new topics. It depends on how well you know the community and what it is that's being posted. Certain topics based on certain subject matters run the risk of being ignored by the community itself because there's lack of or no interest at all pertaining to it. Then you have some subjects that will blow up and everyone wants to talk about it. So with any new topic being posted, there's a 50/50 chance people will want to add to it and post a reply.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
So, instead of seeing posts we see 20 to 50 or maybe 100 threads a day with no replies LOL
Well, threads are always extremely useful to the forum. The last thing we want is to have no new threads and people not having anything to discuss here. I don't think anyone has the energy to be creating that many threads anyway lol

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Well, threads are always extremely useful to the forum. The last thing we want is to have no new threads and people not having anything to discuss here. I don't think anyone has the energy to be creating that many threads anyway lol
top 5 threads a month then, maybe

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Well, our plan is to have a monthly newsletter soon so we will be looking at promoting some of the top threads that have been posted in that month and also highlighting the top contributors to the forum during that month.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
I could create a bunch of new threads; but, you get burned out after a while when most threads don't get replies on the subjects I want to discuss like movies, video games, etc. Just have to pick and choose which ones to spend energy on.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
I could create a bunch of new threads; but, you get burned out after a while when most threads don't get replies on the subjects I want to discuss like movies, video games, etc. Just have to pick and choose which ones to spend energy on.

lol or you run out of ideas on what topics to post. I run into that a lot.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Nah, I pace myself so that doesn't really happen.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
To be honest, this forum has a lot of replies in a day and to keep track for all of them every single day takes energy. Maybe creating too much threads will result in some of them unreplied because they mix into the current popular threads.. Posts give life to the threads as well.

I think having a "content creator contest" should be judged by the admins in QUALITY threads not quantity.

Reactions: Ash

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
That was kind of the idea we had for the special thread highlights in the monthly newsletter. We would find the most interesting thread that was posted in that month and highlight it. The OP would get an award as well for it.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
That was kind of the idea we had for the special thread highlights in the monthly newsletter. We would find the most interesting thread that was posted in that month and highlight it. The OP would get an award as well for it.
Sounds pretty good to me, this way Content Creators feel acknowledged for their work! ;)

Reactions: Ash

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.