Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

UK Petrol "Shortage"

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
So we have an issue in the UK where we don't have enough truck drivers. And that has led to "shortages" in certain industries, the latest being petrol and diesal. Companies have confirmed that there isn't a petrol shortage but that hasn't stopped people from panic buying fuel for their vehicles. And because of that, we might actually end up with a shortage.

Anyone affected by this right now?

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
They actually have increased it a lot now but there still seems to be a shortage. Not sure if there are some other factors I haven't heard about.

Went around to 3 petrol stations today and they were all closed. I can survive as long as I stick to some short journeys but I'm going to have to find a petrol station soon.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
They actually have increased it a lot now but there still seems to be a shortage. Not sure if there are some other factors I haven't heard about.

Went around to 3 petrol stations today and they were all closed. I can survive as long as I stick to some short journeys but I'm going to have to find a petrol station soon.

so how is your situation right now? Improve at all?

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
I'd guess at Brexit being a factor, though of course the government will deny that because of course it cannot be blamed for anything, and honestly wasn't a completely and utterly idiotic action.

A lot of HGV drivers working in the UK were from Central Europe, and some of them have just gone 'home' since Brexit. Add to that the fact that Brexit has made it much less affordable for companies across Europe to deliver things to the UK, because of bureaucracy, taxes, and just time spent at customs checks, etc.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
so how is your situation right now? Improve at all?
Better since I managed to fill up again a day or two again late at night. But there are still periods where the petrol stations near me are completely out.
I'd guess at Brexit being a factor, though of course the government will deny that because of course it cannot be blamed for anything, and honestly wasn't a completely and utterly idiotic action.

A lot of HGV drivers working in the UK were from Central Europe, and some of them have just gone 'home' since Brexit. Add to that the fact that Brexit has made it much less affordable for companies across Europe to deliver things to the UK, because of bureaucracy, taxes, and just time spent at customs checks, etc.
Definitely a factor. It's not just the government either because the Leave voters seem to not believe it's due to Brexit either. Obviously, any time anyone tries to mention this, it's "Project Fear"