Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Venting About My Brother

Masterminor

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hubux
$1,124
Winbux
$1.00
To those who don't know yet, I have a younger brother who I will refer to by his nickname Bubby. (This is obviously not his real name.) Bubby is the one of the laziest people I met in real life. He stays up all night playing video games and sleeps most of the day. He's a high school flunk out/dropout. He only ever worked at mcdonalds for a month when he was 16, and only worked a few days of that month at that. He hemorrhages money out of both me and my father. On food and utilities. He's not even trying to better himself in any way. He just expects people to always get on him about stuff instead of taking the initiative to do it himself.

Including with his OWN INSULIN.. He's a whole almost 19 year old needing to be told to check his sugar, take his insulin, and how much insulin he's supposed to take. Despite knowing how to calculate his insulin to sugar ratio, and inject himself, and operate his Accucheck. He's been at this since he was 3 years old. If his diabetes was a person it could fucking drive. What pissed me off with him today is that he leeched money off of my dad to get Wendy's. But only got food for himself. All the crap we do for him, and we get squat from his trip. He did get dad's permission to get the food (Undeserved though it may be.) But what my brother has started to do is not get anything for me when the rule is the person getting food has to get something for everyone. At least that's the rule when I want to get myself food according to my dad's lectures.

This is the 4th time in 2 months this has happened. So I'm a little mad. I do a lot for the whole house, and that little shitnugget. Whenever he has aching feet from his neuropathy (Developed just recently and starting to calm down considerably) He comes to me to rub his feet. He's often suckered me into buying food for him. I'm talking spent thousands in the past few years because I suck at saying no. I'm too nice. I'm the one as well who does 90% of the cleaning in general in this house. Including doing 100% of the dishes. I didn't choose this job. But my dad and brother simply refuse it and designated it to me. I could eat nothing and still have to wash everything. I am really hoping for this new bank job so I can be a step closer to moving out and leaving all the bullshit behind.

/rant

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I'm sorry that you're put in this situation. I do believe you're on the right track wanting to move out. If you can't help them while your in the house perhaps you leaving will help your brother wake up.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
I understand your frustration. I have a brother as well and we have nothing to do with each other. All he does is cause me trouble. As a result we have nothing to do with each other. I see him a few times a year and I really have nothing to say to him.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
What would happen if you and your dad stopped enabling his behavior and started saying "NO" to him?

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
I don't blame you for trying to move out.

He's not going to get any better if you and your father keep supporting him. The only way he's going to grow up at this point is if your and your father force him to.

The first option is kicking him out of the house and forcing him to get a job and support himself.

The second option is what you're doing.....moving out. If you can't force him out of the house (for whatever reason) then there is nothing that says you have to stay there and take it. So just get yourself out of there so you only have to worry about supporting yourself. It might be easier to support yourself by living with your dad because the two of you can share the responsibility of paying the bills. But it's not worth sticking around if your brother is not contributing to paying the bills. This is why I don't blame you for moving.

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
You could always just start washing one plate and one cup instead of doing the dishes for everyone :)

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
Pretty sure there is like a dr phil episode or two on this same situation.

Also sorry to hear all this, but you're crazy if you think it ends with you moving out. The day your dad can't take care of him, guess where your brother is coming to live next. Might want to see a therapist now to prevent future issues.