Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

What antivirus do you use or do you just use Windows Defender?

TopSilver

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,755
Winbux
$0.00
So which one do you use or do you just use the ole fashion Windows Defender? I have been given a free trial of Mcafee. It's about to expire and I think I probably will go back to Windows Defender but it is a very useful tool and keeps your computer clean and safe.

For getting rid of spyware I like to use Adwcleaner. Which is very good at what it does.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
I have McAfee Endpoint and Malwarebytes on my computer. They work pretty well. For more protection I have a browser extension called "360 Protection" and adblockers to protect me from harmful websites. Can't take any chances on the internet.

Aces

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$915
Winbux
$0.00
I've been using Kaspersky for 7 years now - hands down my favorite and I've tried several other AVs. For a little while I was using MalwareBytes because I loved the features and interface but Kaspersky just does it better for me.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
I just use Windows Defender nowdays, and Malwarebytes. I used to use Avast on older machines, but honestly I can't recall why I stopped using it. :V

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
On Windows since about 2010 my goto's were just Windows Defender & Malewarebytes. Before that I was an AVG guy.
Now that I use Linux as my daily driver, the risk of viruses is a much lower concern, and so I don't use any. They can still pop up from time to time, but it tends to be big news. Using the AUR in Arch would be the most likely place to encounter viruses, so it's important to check the PKGBUILDs before you install.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
Anyone ever heard of Comodo Security? One of the best security systems for PC there is. It's also free with the option to upgrade to a payable version. I put it on my new laptop.