Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

What do you do with old phone?

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,346
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
What do you do with your old phone once you get a new one? Do you recycle it, donate it, hide it in a closet or trash it?

I bought a new phone and my old phone is being saved just in case I need to return to it. Plus I have texts from my mom who passed away in February that didn't transfer over and I want to keep those.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I always wanted to sell and replace with a newer one but all my phones crashed before i considered getting a new one lol.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
I pitch my old phones in the garbage. I only replace them when they break or the internal battery goes bad. So I figure it's time to get a new one. No problem.

Joshua Farrell

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$908
Winbux
$0.00
I toss them if they are broken, otherwise save them, just incase I need to replace it, if I can't get a new replacement quickly.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I usually give it to another member of the family. I tend to replace my phones every 2 years because of the contracts but this might be the first time that I keep it slightly longer.

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
Usually, I will sell my old gadget and try to recoup some of the costs for my upgrade or replacement. Second-hand phones aren't worth a lot, unfortunately. I always try to sell first on eBay or Gumtree to try and get the best sale. Cash conversation shops pay a lot less for what you can actually get for it.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
My old phone is been in the trash right after I got the new phone, The phone that I own now I had it for the last 10 years or more and well. Not that active with the phone.

Alexandoy

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,512
Winbux
$0.00
Our old phones are kept in the storage like we are thinking of a private museum. Our oldest phone is a Motorola, the big one and the biggest in our museum.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
I keep them and they just kind of end up lying around somewhere. :V I've got two in a crate somewhere, and the phone I used prior to the one I'm using now is sitting on a shelf that's full of my wife and I's movie and game collection. xD I really should get around to removing the contents and giving them a good clean then selling them but soon I'm going to have to start packing since my inlaws have been looking at houses and my wife and I will be moving in with them whenever they do find a house. :V

Ikenna

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,909
Winbux
$0.00
I usually keep them especially for the one's that I have strong attachment to maybe because of how good the phone was for me. But I have given away a few of my old phones especially to friends and my siblings that needs them.

Ikenna

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,909
Winbux
$0.00
Oh I sold my last one on Ebay, wasn't worth it doing a trade in.
I usually buy stuffs from ebay but I have never tried selling any of my old stuffs on the online store. I have an old PlayStation 2 that I'm no longer using. I'm not sure if I can sell it on ebay.

Shiek

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$923
Winbux
$0.00
I don't have any other needs for my old phone because I usually have them swapped for a new one and just pay extra money to cover up. It was what I did with my iPhone 12 Pro Max and got iPhone 13 Pro Max.