Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

What do you do with websites that just dont take off?

Shole

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,642
Winbux
$0.00
How long do you give your project time to be a success or trash it?
For me usually it goes for 1 year, if it's good I keep it if it's useless I just throw it away.

HikerShawn

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Website
www.forumtips.blog
Hubux
$2,025
Winbux
$0.00
I always give mine 1-year.

If it doesn't work, I either pivot to another type of content delivery, merge it into something else, or close it down. I never sell anything.

Last year I had a hiking forum and a cycling forum, I ended up merging them into one forum and made it more outdoor rec focused (many outdoor topics). We're over 100 members and 1,000+ posts now. So it is doing pretty good.

Blogs are a bit easier to keep going because you can see the stats and know if it is getting read or not.

If I start to slack too much of not paying attention to the site, I usually shut it down.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
You do have to decide pretty quickly whether it's something that will work out for you or not. Whilst ideas can take a while to take off, if you get bored of them or lose interest, it's not going to last very long. Usually, I know within a few months if a certain idea is something I would love to work on for a long time or not.

Fait

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,551
Winbux
$0.00
Things take time so I generally leave it up and change it up until it takes off, mine is a technology forum which I’m passionate to keep going.