Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

What do you like about Wordpress

Nomad

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,245
Winbux
$0.00
The best thing about WordPress is you do not have to do coding to build a great website. Another thing I like about wordpress is you can build any kind of site, a blog, a forum, ecommerce site, business site, multi-vendor store, etc. I have built different kinds of websites with wordpress.
What do you like about wordpress?

tdbnz

Reaction score
Hubux
$1,646
Winbux
$0.20
The Thing I love about wordpress it is so simple to use Plus it can be used for blogs or a general website it is so good

but I highly recommend people to be mindful of updating and keep a eye out for security updates etc always Update and keep the website as secure as you can

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
The Thing I love about wordpress it is so simple to use Plus it can be used for blogs or a general website it is so good

but I highly recommend people to be mindful of updating and keep a eye out for security updates etc always Update and keep the website as secure as you can
I completely agree. With a service available like WordPress I don't understand why any business wouldn't have a website. It's so easy to use even if you have no or very little coding experience.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I love WordPress. The fact that you can use it as a content management system without actually having to worry about the blogging side is great. The amount of themes and plugins available is just amazing as well.

Nomad

Reaction score
Hubux
$1,245
Winbux
$0.00
I have a couple of blogs built on wordpress, I am also running a forum on wordpress. I have also created ecommerce sites with wordpress. You can create any kind of site with the help of plugins. Most of the plugins are free, however, even if you have to buy premium plugins, the license cost is less than the costs of addons on premium software.

altair

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$926
Winbux
$0.00
It's simple and easy to use. When I say easy to use I mean it was straightforward to learn. Also, the abundance of themes you can choose from and so you don't have to do coding to do a blog.
I have always used WP and will probably also use WP unless I find something better.

HikerShawn

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Website
www.forumtips.blog
Hubux
$2,025
Winbux
$0.00
The ease.

Aside from forums, every website I have is powered by WordPress self-hosted software. In fact, over 40% of the internet's websites is WordPress powered. That should tell you something.

Back when I first started making websites, it was all code. HTML and CSS and then it was PHP, MySQL, Perl and so on. It was difficult back then. An error in code caused such a headache.

Now it's download, upload and play and I love it!

I also LOVE blogging so WP works out for me.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I have a couple of blogs built on wordpress, I am also running a forum on wordpress. I have also created ecommerce sites with wordpress. You can create any kind of site with the help of plugins. Most of the plugins are free, however, even if you have to buy premium plugins, the license cost is less than the costs of addons on premium software.
What forum addon are you using at the moment? I can't remember if you've mentioned it to me before but I've always found the current options a bit boring. I really wish there was a proper, modern forum addon for WP that was also free

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
If you do self hosted you can fix a lot of the optimization problems with Wordpress but if you’re hosting it through wordpress, it’s not advisable because it’s going to be very very slow compared to self hosted or a normal custom site.

Nomad

Reaction score
Hubux
$1,245
Winbux
$0.00
What forum addon are you using at the moment? I can't remember if you've mentioned it to me before but I've always found the current options a bit boring. I really wish there was a proper, modern forum addon for WP that was also free
I am using wpforo, It is really good. The only problem I have with this forum plugin is I can't find an add-on to add credits for forum activities. I have also tied Asgaros in the past, but it is pretty basic.