Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

What job do you have no respect for?

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
This is going to be a controversial post. What job do you have no respect for?

It's honestly a tough one. There are a few job positions which I'm not a fan of because it seems to attract people with big egos and people that want a lot of power. But I don't think there are any jobs where I have absolutely zero respect for them.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Time-share salesperson. It’s a scam. If it sounds too good to be true.....

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Defense lawyers who protect the scum of the human race.
100%. I mean, I understand why everyone deserves and has a right to a lawyer but it's hard to have any sympathy for a lawyer that is able to defend a terrorist, murderer, paedo etc.
Time-share salesperson. It’s a scam. If it sounds too good to be true.....
Never experienced it. These are the people that sell holiday homes where you can only use them for a few days every year right?
Telemarketers
Definitely especially the ones that won't shut up when you say you're not interested.

Drac Morbis

Lord Malleus
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,460
Winbux
$0.00
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
There aren't too many jobs I have no respect for. It's the customers that I have no respect for (I thought this thread was about jobs I worked at, so I'm going with that).

For some reason, when someone is a cashier, they get dumped on. Everyday I worked, I always got insulted by someone., multiple times. After 10 years of this, I'm pretty sure this is why I'm a Misanthrope. :(

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
These are the people that sell holiday homes where you can only use them for a few days every year right?
Correct: A timeshare, also known as a vacation ownership, is a lifetime commitment to paying for annual trips to the same resort or family of resorts. You prepay or finance a lump sum upfront plus annual maintenance fees. Upgrade or exchange fees come into play if you want to stay somewhere different than you originally paid for. The typical trip is one week long.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
Any type of job that scams people into losing money are the only jobs I don't have any respect for. Manipulating others to gain a profit is the worst.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Correct: A timeshare, also known as a vacation ownership, is a lifetime commitment to paying for annual trips to the same resort or family of resorts. You prepay or finance a lump sum upfront plus annual maintenance fees. Upgrade or exchange fees come into play if you want to stay somewhere different than you originally paid for. The typical trip is one week long.
Based on that, it just sounds extremely stupid. How do people manage to get scammed into it?

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
How do people manage to get scammed into it?
I think a common problem is that naïve people get caught up on getting "free" tickets/vouchers or discounts. Nothing is free though. You are attending a sales presentation. People get sold easily and have no idea how to maximize the benefit of what they just purchased.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
People who sell stuff over the phone.

I don't mind so much that you're trying to sell me something but I don't like it when they get pushy or they get mad at you when you say "no" or they call you at the worst possible moment, like when you're in the middle of trying to make dinner.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
It's not a "proper" job.. but i don't like onlyfans girls :)

selling your body for money was never a decent thing to do, but as always that's my POV :)

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
People who sell stuff over the phone.

I don't mind so much that you're trying to sell me something but I don't like it when they get pushy or they get mad at you when you say "no" or they call you at the worst possible moment, like when you're in the middle of trying to make dinner.
I don't even answer calls from numbers I don't recognize. I just let the call go to voicemail. I haven't talked to a telemarketer in ages by doing this.