Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

What was the first forum you joined?

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
What forum was the first forum you ever joined? Is it still online or has it been lost to time? The first one I joined is no longer online, and it actually shut down this year. It was Glitch City Laboratories, a forum/wiki dedicated to documenting the many different glitches in the Pokemon games. Originally it was just a forum with it's own website, but in 2010 the site was moved over to Mediawiki. (The forums were still online though.) I had terrible forum etiquette when I first joined and I'm surprised the staff never banned me. I even made at least 4 different accounts on the forum since I would forget my password and I didn't have access to the email I used to sign up with my first account. (Plus I was a n00b and didn't realize that I could change my password on the other accounts that I actually had access to the email associated with the account. xD)

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$431
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
It was a site named El Otro Lado (The Other Side) and it actually still exists, but the forum was reset in 2006-07 and my account was deleted (joined in 98' or so) and as i kid i didn't have much idea on what to do there, i ended up spamming serious threads and got all of my posts deleted, i wasn't banned though since they realized i was a kid lol. I still post there from time to time.

But the forum i posted the most was SF (SpoonForums) it was a p2p community and i made around 13-14k posts and up to now it's my highest-scoring postcount.

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
My first was a site called Gaming Update, it was initially running on UBB and it then got upgraded to vBulletin. It's basically the community that got me into wanting to create my own..

I was a member since around '99/'00 and had around 4,000 posts (still my highest anywhere to date). Unfortunately the forums got shutdown sometime late 2010, and the site was left in a much unloved state for a few more years until it just got abandoned from 2014.

The domain still exists, but is just in a permanent state of "maintenance".

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Can't remember, joined s many back then. may have joined two forums in a week. I can say that one of them was running IPB and so from the start, I was on sites that were using IPB and some are still running today :)

I can say major of them are based around GTA modifications for the series back in 2010 and 2009 was the major years that I started.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$709
Winbux
$0.00
I joined this anime forum called Japan-Legend way back in early 2008. I'm still friends with some people on there but it's mostly inactive. The guy who owned it sold it to another guy a couple years ago because he just didn't have the time anymore. But he still occasionally gets on.

Laifot

Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$431
Winbux
$3.50
Rebel
Can't remember, joined s many back then. may have joined two forums in a week. I can say that one of them was running IPB and so from the start, I was on sites that were using IPB and some are still running today :)

I can say major of them are based around GTA modifications for the series back in 2010 and 2009 was the major years that I started.

IPB during that time was the king of forum softwares, everyone wanted it! getting a lifetime license was really expensive though, so people would dig nulled versions instead :p

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
IPB during that time was the king of forum softwares, everyone wanted it! getting a lifetime license was really expensive though, so people would dig nulled versions instead :p
Indeed IPB 3 was coming into play then :) And remember using mostly IPB 2 lol

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
This was the first-ever forum that I joined when I was quite young and a huge fan of the game Club Penguin - https://clubpenguinplanet.forumotion.com/

I'm surprised to see that they still exist although it seems the forum is dead at this point. If you've read my other posts, yes, this is the site that I tried to copy lmao

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Seems that they have not even got there own domain LOL
Well not anymore obviously. The last time they were really active was around 2012-2013.

They aren't going to renew a domain for a site that is dead. The only reason its still up is because they used Forumotion and I guess they don't delete old forums.

Laifot

Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$431
Winbux
$3.50
Rebel
Well not anymore obviously. The last time they were really active was around 2012-2013.

They aren't going to renew a domain for a site that is dead. The only reason its still up is because they used Forumotion and I guess they don't delete old forums.

Was it always this way? if yes then it's a glass full of nostalgia right there, gives me joy that i'm practically looking at the internet back in my highschool days lol

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Was it always this way? if yes then it's a glass full of nostalgia right there, gives me joy that i'm practically looking at the internet back in my highschool days lol
Yeah, it was exactly like that. I will try to find my account and show you some of my posts on there lol. I wish we could see the Christmas theme, they did a really great job with the Christmas decorations.
I can see it's dead but doesn't mean they have to keep it dead. They have a choice to fully update it, add far more content and keep it alive.
The game is dead. The only way to play it is to play on a fan run site and honestly, the popularity just isn't there. There's no point in trying to revive the forum at this point :(

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
my family just got a pc with internet (dial up mind you) and I just discovered the tv channel G4 and their video game Cheat tv show which the host asked to jump on the forum to check out more content. So I did, plugged it in, joined what I am pretty sure was VBulletin and from there would lead me to being the site owner I am today.

Laifot

Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$431
Winbux
$3.50
Rebel
Yeah, it was exactly like that. I will try to find my account and show you some of my posts on there lol. I wish we could see the Christmas theme, they did a really great job with the Christmas decorations.
we also had that at our forum back in 2009. I remember modifying a mybb darked theme with grayish snowflakes :p

when it died we moved it to the proboard free site and just spammed there.