Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

What's the best to have? Photoshop or paintshop pro?

Gazza

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$46
Winbux
$0.00
I always wanted to try my hand at graphics and I know that the programs are very expensive. I've been stuck with MSPAINT LOL. What's the best to have between JASC Paintshop Pro and Adobe Photoshop? I will invest in one but want to make sure its the right one!

Are there any free programs for graphic design you can recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Oldbuddy

A new face
Reaction score
Website
oldbuddy.info
Hubux
$15
Winbux
$0.00
I tried Photoshop, but it is way over my head and too complicated to get very good at. However about 20 years ago I stumbled across Photoshop Elements and picked up a used older version on Ebay for $10 and that made my day.

Since then I have upgraded several times and currently use version 13 (which I am still learning but very happy with) I am a habitual cheapscape. so I use a lot of free graphics from Pixabay.com and tweak them for my own purposes with Photoshop Elements and that works fine for me. I use quite a lot of free advertising, so making my own images, banners and MEME's is a regular activity for me.

Hope to see you around,

Oldbuddy

_B_

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Website
voxgrid.net
Hubux
$596
Winbux
$0.00
Not really familiar with Paintshop Pro. I have found using Photoshop to being quite easy and I am used to it anyways.

Nova

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$186
Winbux
$0.00
If you work as a freelancer then anything from Adobe is pretty much industry demand. And you can't go against that and so you are forced to use the photoshop. And paintshop pro then becomes more or less hobby because here your client may not like such software so your workflow remains on adobe.

Nova

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$186
Winbux
$0.00
Do you want it for the professional work or the online sites where the work is uploaded? Then go with the photoshop. Because paintshop pro and photoshop have different workflow style and it helps you follow the industry demand app.