Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

When was the last time you backed up your data?

Jay™

Former Community Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Website
chatbanter.com
Hubux
$2,400
Winbux
$1.00
Now that’s the $50,000 question. And I say that only half-jokingly. Where would you be without your photos, files, tax records, finances, projects, and so on? The answer is probably “a world of hurt.” Losing it could set you back personally and financially. Back up your data. I suggest doing so with a combination of a reputable cloud storage service and a local physical device like an external hard drive that you store in a safe location.

Another option for particularly sensitive data and files is to use encrypted storage. For example, our File Lock feature allows you to create password-protected encrypted drives on your PC that only appear when you’ve unlocked them, perfect for storing sensitive files like tax returns and financial documents.

I back up everything to one drive, every change on all my computers has a backup.
Do you use any sort of online backup?

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,053
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
I backup everything in triplicate. I have an internal HDD that's 8TB that I backup to, I have a NAS that I backup to, and I store things on an external server just to be sure. Can never be too careful with your data!

Shortie

Knows their way around
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,217
Winbux
$0.00
Emerald Membership (1 Month)
I confess to not backing my stuff up as often as I should do and I really should have learned my lesson to do that when my previous laptop hard drive died on me and I lost a lot of stuff.

The last time I backed anything up was back in July when I got my new laptop and moved from my desktop PC which was giving me issues. I should learn to make a regular back up at least each month.