When you receive insults

• It's time for the first DH auction! Gather around and bid for the chance to have your very own emoji added to the forum. Click here for more information.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Top Poster Of Month
Hubux
2,292¢
How do you react when you receive insults on the internet?

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Community Leader
Hubux
580¢
Report it depending on what the insults are. Look to a moderator or an administrator for help. Don't take matters into your own hands. Don't reply to them. Consider the conversation over between you and that member.

Laifot

Viaggio Astrale
Sparkly Pink Laifot
Emerald Member
Hubux
1,411¢
It depends tbh, if it's in a forum or social media.

In social media i couldn't care less. If it's a forum then i might try to reply and i would show some willingness to talk the situation before doing what @Terminated suggested.. if the case goes worse then i will proceed to ignore all of that member's posts.

Empire

Kicking
Emerald Member
Hubux
3,754¢
It's simple, here's an example, in my highschool we were debating over pro-feminism and after my turn this girl said, "ok let me add this to the list of things I don't give a fuck about". I replied with "neither did God when he made you". She was pale, everybody was laughing.

How to react to insults against your peers? Counter insult.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Top Poster Of Month
Hubux
2,292¢
For these folks, I’ve decided I won’t waste my time responding. In fact, for haters who can’t engage in respectful ways, I’ll ignore them and I’ll feel good about doing it.

zoldos

Making a name for themselves
Emerald Member
Hubux
215¢
I used to receive hateful e-mails in the early 2000's from people that didn't like one of my sites. lol I even got actual death threats. I ignored them. lol

As for forums, it's only happened a couple times, and I let the mods take care of it. One time though, I did make a reply, then never returned to that site. Nothing insulting, I just had to get some stuff off my chest.

zoldos

Making a name for themselves
Emerald Member
Hubux
215¢
Laugh it off, unless its on my forum. Then the ban hammer comes out!
Agreed. I have a 100% no insulting/trolling/bullying policy on my forum. To date, I've banned I think 2 or 3 people over the past 6 years.

apathy

Must like it here...
Just ignore it. People are always gonna run their mouths, and what they usually say has no actual bearing in reality... so it's easy to dismiss what trolls and such say

JoyFreak

Gaming
Hubux
351¢
I just laugh it off. I don't let it get to me because it's from somebody I know nothing about or care about. They're meaningless.

Members online

No members online now.

Status Updates

my road to 10k badge is missing :( @Ash
Congrats to @Ash on his Chelsea team making to the finals UCL this season!
Ash
Rewards for TPOM April will be delayed due to some changes. More info soon ;)!
Hey @Ash i can't see the discussions in both groups.. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThemeHouseDev